“Friendly, friendly, friendly!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
cleve, ohio
“Friendly, friendly, friendly!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and we loved it! After years of insistence of my friend to try one because of the free goodies, we finally had a chance. With this one being so close to our destination we thought we would try it. What stood out for us was, from arrival to departure, the staff went out of they're way with friendliness! I once asked my husband, "Is this for real? A hotel with such good rates and decent accommodations could really be this nice and friendly?"...We definitely will return to this one! I am so glad we have this travel review site because I check out EVERY comment from hotels we plan to stay. Thanks TripAdvisor!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

For the price, and all we got for the price, I will definitely stay here again! I have been a Hilton customer for years but now, they charge for wifi. At Drury, where I stayed with my daughter and 4 month old granddaughter, wifi is included, as well as breakfast, dinner (snacks), and drinks. The hotel was very clean. They do accept pets and next time, we may take out dog!
Evening snacks ends at 7pm and we checked in about 6:55pm. Although we had already eaten, the desk clerk offered to have the food left out for a bit if we needed to eat!!
I would recommend this hotel for the price also!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. It was my first time staying at a Drury Inn. I was impressed with all the free stuff included in the rate, however the decor is in need of updating. This hotel is located just off I-75 about 5 minutes from Ikea and 15-20 from downtown Cincinnati.
Our reserved a double room. It was clean, but the bedding is in need of some updating. The bed itself was very comfortable as were the sheets and pillows. They do not double sheet the bed and it has an old floral bedspread on the bed. The bathroom was comfortable and roomy.
We used the pool a few times. It is small, but is an indoor/outdoor swim through pool. There is also a hot tub. One time we were down there and they ran out of pool towels, even though the pool wasn't that packed.
We did go to the "kickback." There was alot of food. They had salad, baked potato, nachos, mac n cheese, hot dogs and chilli the night we were there. Not the healthiest stuff for you, but one could make a dinner out of it. We also enjoyed free popcorn and soft drinks in the afternoon.
Our room, despite being located next to the elevator was pretty quite.
We did have breakfast in the morning at the hotel. It was free, so it is hard to be too rough on it, but it was not good. The eggs looked runny, the french toast was cold and soggy, the oatmeal was watery, the biscuit and gravy didn't look so great, and the waffles didn't really have any taste. They did have toast, yogurt, fruit, and cereal - all safe bets at free hotel breakfast bars!
If the price is right we might return to this hotel, although there are many good hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am used to staying in nice hotels on vacation, but generally stick with well-known chains (Marriotts, Hyatts, etc.). This was my first stay at a Drury Inn - but it will definitely not be my last. The hotel was very classy in its accomodations. The pool was very nice (although we did not have time to actually enjoy it). The breakfast was good - and I was overjoyed to see that the food was kept filled until past the schedule breakfast time because there were guests still partaking (this has not been the norm in my travels - usually about 15-20 minutes before the end, the staff is starting to close up shop). The desk staff knew how to take care of their guests. I checked in with 3 teenagers and two adults expecting to have a roll-away. Unfortunately, there was a baseball competition in town and all the roll-aways were taken. The desk clerk did not miss a beat in offering me a complimentary upgrade to a suite with a pull-out.

We visit the Cincinnati area every summer for SpiritSong Fest at Kings Island and this hotel will definitely be my pick next year!

Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We planned a short vacation to Cincinnati for our family this summer. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 and (nearly) 2 year old sons. After spending a couple of days at Great Wolf Lodge we had booked this Drury Inn for two nights. I had originally planned on staying at the La Quinta Inn down the road when my wife suggested looking for a Drury in the area. We've stayed at Drury many times in St. Louis, Mt. Vernon, Campaign, Terre Haute and others too. I thought my son would be crushed about leaving Great Wolf Lodge but instead was excited to play in the indoor/outdoor pool that most Drury's have.

As soon as we walked in to the front door to check in I knew it was going to be a long evening. There were multiple kid's baseball teams walking around and hanging in the dining room area. There were people everywhere and it was loud and very busy. Check in went fine and we loaded up and head to our room.

The room had a dated look as the curtains and bedspread look like grandma's (not my grandmas... but maybe someones). I noticed one of the bedspreads had multiple cigarette burns on it. There was a nice LG LCD TV (maybe 27"). The room, hallways, elevator, and lobby were very clean. The beds were comfortable and I particularly liked my pillow too.

The problem for our family stay wasn't Drury... it was the other guests. My oldest son and wife went down to the pool for awhile. I felt bad for him when I made it down after my other son woke from a nap. He was in an overly crowded pool with a bunch of older baseball kids. They were hitting each other with pool noodles, throwing things at each other from across the room, and jumping into the small pool wildly. This wasn't your typical pool play, they were nuts, and I heard other guests complain about them too. Where were the parents? Well, two groups of them around the outside portion of the pool drinking and not paying any attention to their kids. It wasn't a fun place for my 6-year old and although he wanted to, we kept our 2-year old out.

We then looked at 5:30 Kickbacks and found it to be too crowded with many of the people sitting around drinking. By the time we made it back down, just after 7:00 (when Kickbacks is over) the dining room was more like a bar. On the tables were cup after cup of full beers as they stocked up before the bar closed. Just full beers all over the table as everyone sat around and drank.

We instead ate at Ruby Tuesday and had a so so meal. Although it wasn't that great, it sure was priced like it was. We spent a lot more money on dinner than we wanted to (most expensive meal of the trip) and missed out on our free food altogether. On our way out the door for dinner I talked to the manager and told him we wanted to change our reservation from two nights to one night. We actually wanted to leave right then but felt like we'd stayed too long and would be charged. He was understanding on why and was sorry we weren't enjoying our stay.

After dinner we decided on playing a round of Monster Mini Golf which was about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. We had a lot of fun there but it too was expensive. We had planned on enjoying the pool that evening but again weren't really able too because of the other guests. We ended up spending $75 that evening that we had not really planned on. My youngest son fell asleep during the car ride back to the hotel. I was amazed at what I found when we got back to the hotel. There were people outside drinking, sitting on the backs of their cars drinking, young kids running around the parking lot, the lobby and dining area was still packed full of loud drinkers, and the people riding the elevator with us couldn't care less about a sleeping toddler in my arms (presumable because they were drunk). Not only were they all down there drinking, after being overcrowded during Kickback hours, I found them with about 15 or 20 boxes of large pizza's when we got back. Unbelievable.

Thankfully we were on the end of the hotel so we didn't hear a lot of noise and traffic in our room. After a good nights sleep we took our time to make it down for breakfast. We were trying to avoid the baseball crowd, who were unavoidable the night before. We were happy to see they were still serving when me made it down at 10:00. There were some open tables but baseball people were still around. I wasn't happy that two grown men, presumably coaches or baseball parents, were talking freely in the presence of my kids. They were talking baseball and were using a wide variety of foul language doing so. I'm no prude... but when I'm with my kids I sure don't talk like that. And when there are other kids in a public place I wouldn't dream of using that language. But hey, it seemed typical of this crowd... very inconsiderate of the other guests.

We went back upstairs and packed up. I stayed up late the night before looking for a hotel to stay at since we changed our reservations. We settled on a Holiday Inn Express nearby in Harrison. We picked Harrison as I wanted to get away from any other hotels taken over by baseball teams. Anyway, on our way out the door I sent my wife and kids out and spoke with a lady at the front desk. I was mad, especially after the idiots at breakfast, but tried to be nice. I told her how unhappy we were and understood it had little to do with Drury and everything to do with the guests. I gave her some examples of things that we weren't happy about. I said that we weren't willing to pay the full amount because we couldn't enjoy the pool or Kickbacks. After a short conversation she said she'd take care of it. I said that we'd be happy to pay as we did stay there and had breakfast, but not the full amount. I told her I was leaving and that I didn't need a receipt as I'd check it online. She was nice about it and did indeed adjust our bill. I felt bad complaining as we're big fans of Drury.

I've stayed at some pretty busy Drury's during a weekend. I've never seen the rudeness of other guests like I did last week here. I hope this doesn't become the norm for Drury due to the free drinks and food. Maybe it's just Ohio.

2 Thank iix
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I like to stay at the Drury when I am traveling on business becaus I know what to expect. I was greeted warmley and professional when I entered. Air conditioning was already on in the room, which was good because it was 90 outside. Everything was clean in the room and updated. There was the free snack buffet at 5:30 and the the free breakfast (not just continental) in the morning. There were enough treadmills in the fitness center and there was an indoor/outdoor pool. My only complaint were the other guests at the hotel. Not the best caliber of people. That was not fault of the hotel but it might have had to do with the location (not a bad part of town, but not great either) and I happen to be there in the summer when a lot of families were there. When I went to get some snacks at the buffet, there was a young guy there in line without shoes. I walked past him when I went to sit down and the bottom of his feet were black, which means he didn't just come from the pool, he was walking around all day like that. I told the manager there was a guy in the dining room without shoes. He politely took care of the problem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Myself, my mother and a 2, 5 and 13 year old recently stayed here. We went to Entertainment in the morning and the next day to the Cincinnati Zoo. We were quite happy with the hotel. The Kickback dinner was very good. The kids loved the hotdogs and the adults loved the soup and salad. The free breakfast was very good too. The room was large enough for all of us. They provided a roll away bed for the 13 year old. The pool was quite clean. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because there was a parking lot light that shined directly into our 3rd floor room all night. When we spoke to the front desk about it, they said there is a shade, but they only mention it if guests ask about it. Why would they not mention it when we checked in? Overall it was a great hotel for the night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville? Share your experiences!