LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
$119
$119
Travelocity
$110
All reviewsconvention centerroom was cleansmall chainbagelspancake machinemicrowave and fridgenice hotelfree breakfasttri county mallfront desk staffbreakfast areadefinitely stay here againoutdoor poolnice staysausagehot breakfastleather
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff had difficulties keeping up with stocking the breakfast area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Provided you have a car, this location works well for either Kings Island or Downtown Cincinnati. We selected the hotel because the price was a bit lower than the competition. Ultimately we were satisfied with our choice. At the same time, there are some issues to consider before booking this property:

1. LivINN is located right night next door to the Sharonville Convention Center. On our weekend, the conventioneers more or less "took over" the hotel. Fortunately they were a good group and we encountered no difficulties. But you might want to inquire up front as to what's going on at the Convention Center during your stay, and decide for yourself if you'd be compatible with the particular convention involved.

2. As suggested in a previous review, telephone the hotel directly and ask for their best rate. We booked online on LivINN's website and got a good price. But we overheard a staff member and another guest discussing a lower rate for the same night. Since price was a major factor in our decision, that was a bit of a disappointment. If there's a "middleman" involved, a small service fee might be understandable. Be we were dealing directly with LivINN; the only difference was the mode of communication.

3. The rooms are a little smallish. Just to consider our options, we inquired about using a rollaway bed for one member of our party. We were told the room was so small that adding a rollaway would literally violate a government regulation. No harm done; the queen beds were very comfortable and proved to be quite adequate for our group. Also, I don't mean to suggest the room was claustrophobic, that certainly wasn't the case. So if you're looking mostly for a place to sleep, you should be good to go. But the irony is that if you're looking for a spacious suite to "live in" for a few days, you'd probably be better off at the Residence Inn.

Bottom Line: Looking for value? LIvINN could very well be your best option in Suburban Cincinnati. But do do the legwork described above, then decide.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CentralOhioPaul
Reviewed July 9, 2012

booked a kitchen suite only to find out that it was a motel room with a little hallway to the bathroom that had a mini fridge, microwave and a little sink next to the bathroom. When I stay in a kitchen suite I expect a kitchen with full fridge, stovetop, microwave, table and chairs, kitchen sink, counters, You get my drift. Apparently all the rooms have the mini fridge, and microwave. and i spent 30 dollars more.

Room Tip: don't spend extra on a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a fair hotel. Nothing fancy, but a clean place to stay. Malls and restaurants were in close proximity. I booked through hotwire and paid about 30.00/night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel was only about 15 minutes from Kings Island amusement park and close to shopping and restaurants. I was a little apprehensive as I didn't recognize the name as a respected chain and the price was 25-50% lower than others in the area (the lowest price was through the hotel itself rather than a discount comparison site); however, I trusted the reviews on trip advisor. I noticed that many of the hotels that we stayed at in the past closer to the park were getting poor reviews so I didn't want to pay a higher price and have a lousy stay. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel looks to be a former Signature Inn property. The carpet in the halls is soiled and somewhat worn but everything else was clean and appeared updated (I'm picky and have no problem canceling a reservation if the room isn't acceptable). The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent with make your own waffles, danishes, muffins, bagels, cereals, fruits, juices and coffee. The attendant continued to completely restock items even as late as 10 minutes before the end of the scheduled time. We've been to some that stop restocking at 30 minutes prior so that everything is gone by the end of the time period. The pool area was clean; however, there was some "debris" from the surrounding foliage but it was later in the day when we used the pool and it wasn't bad enough to keep me out (I tend to be rather picky). The beds were clean with updated bedding and multiple fluffy pillows. There was a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer...didn't expect the fridge and microwave so that was a pleasant surprise. Wireless internet was free and worked (unlike some places we've stayed)! The ONLY negative was the air conditioner in our room was rather noisy and rattled nearly every time it came on. My son rolled over and hit it with a pillow to quiet it (I think the casing may have been loose). We didn't ask to have it fixed as my boys don't like having strangers in the room in our absence (so we often decline housekeeping). I mentioned it upon checkout and the staff immediately made note to have maintenance tend to it...whether they did or not, I can't say. Since we didn't utilize housekeeping we had to ask for clean towels at the desk which we promptly received. I almost gave this hotel a 5 but thought with the stained hallway carpets and noisy air conditioner, it might be a deceiving rating to some. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Queen beds appeared to be the standard...much nicer than doubles!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family