“Know What You Are Getting”

LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Hampton, VA
“Know What You Are Getting”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The LivInn Hotel in Sharonville, Ohio is cheap, clean and has a good location to much of what Cincinnati has to offer. They do have a one burner unit, a microwave and a small frig in every room. What they don't have are dishes, silverware, any cooking utensils or space for them. The place gives the impression of being a resident hotel, but in fact dishes are even prohibited in the rooms. The staff is friendly and willing to help in any way they can. LivInn is about as cheap as you will find and uses a pay-for-services-rendered system. If you want daily room service for an extended stay, it's extra. Towel service is extra. If you are willing to exchange your towels at the front desk yourself, it's free. There is an exercise room and laundry available to guests and a pool in the summer. Pretty good deal for the price.

Room Tip: The choice is two queensize beds or a king. I suspect the rooms are pretty similar. Almost all non...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We travel to the Cincinnati area at least once a year. We always stay at LivINN. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I also really enjoy having a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. It is easy and convenient to empty our cooler items into the fridge and load them back up the next day. LivINN does have a continental breakfast, however, there is too little seating and much too little selection. There is nothing at all my very non-picky son will eat. I prefer to either bring items from home or stop at the nearby Target to pick items up for breakfast. We have stayed at LivINN to access places in the area such as the Beach Waterpark, King's Island, the Ohio Renaissance festival, Bass Pro, and the Kenwood mall. LivInn makes a nice central point, is easy to find, and is far away enough from major roads to ensure a quiet atmosphere. Online booking is easy, and the staff is friendly. We usually book directly from their website. In terms of price, I would say it is a good value. I have stayed at similar hotels for less, but I don't think I could find one as good in terms of cleanliness and location without some trial and error--which I am not willing to do. Our favorite tradition with this hotel is the pizza delivery we get from a local pizza joint (Donatos' Mariachi pizza). We don't have one in our area, and it is a real treat to have the whole family meet up in one room and eat and laugh together after a long day of playing. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ghostbear79
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I finally got around to trying the LivInn. Typically I priceline a lot, and have stayed across the street or near the airport in Kentucky. I found the location of this hotel excellent. It's is a short distance to IKEA, Kings Island, and Jungle Jims. The Hollywood casino is about 25 minutes away. I found the rooms clean and safe. I really enjoyed the fact that the rooms had a recliner chair in them. It was nice to chill out in the chair and watch TV. The free breakfast is basic and their were a lot of families with children when I stayed here. The seating area where breakfast is server is extremely small. I also noticed noise starting at 8AM so probably avoid this place if your a light sleeper who likes to stay out late. My Priceline offer of $28/night plus taxes and fees makes this the lowest rate I have ever had in the Cincinnati area. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Gridiron
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in a Queen Suite. Rooms were very clean, service is good and I really liked their morning break fast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kavithareddy_11
sharonvillegm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments on the hotel. We are glad you had a wonderful stay and hope you will come back to see us again! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please feel free to ask us!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Booked this hotel through Travelocity and even though the reviews said 4 out of 5 star, but I would only give 3 out of 5. Well, pretty much everything in the hotel was outdated, but kept clean enough for guests to enjoy. Traveloicy rated it a 3 star hotel, but in my humble personal opinion it is at most a 2.5. The breakfast I skipped all three mornings because it was continnetal with very very few selections. I just picked up an apple or two to enjoy during the day. Rooms were clean, but bathroom needed some update for sure because here and there I saw paint peeling off. One of our rooms' toilet was clogged when we first arrived and we had to call front desk to send some one to fix it for us. The flat panel TV was okay except most TV channels were no where close to sharp and clear. The only one thing I loved about this hotel was the air conditioner, because that weekend we stayed there Cincinnati experienced a super heat wave with temperature high into the low 40C but the AC kept us nice and cool at night giving us good sleep every single night. The internet speed was okay during the day, but at night when everybody was back at the hotel it became crawling speed at times. Overall I do not have much to complain about for the price I paid, but it is definitely not a 3 star establishment as claimed by Travelocity.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lasallejai
I'm sorry that you did not think we are a five star hotel. We try our best to keep the rooms and common areas as clean as possible. Our breakfast has been updated to include a much larger selection. I am glad you liked the a/c in our rooms. We still appreciate the comments and hope you come back to stay with us again in the future!
Folsom, California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed where twice now. We visited Cincinatti to watch the ATP Tennis Masters tournament. This hotel is just 15 mins drive from there and offers free wifi and breakfast. Its a great place for an over night or business trip

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about us. We hope to see you back soon! Please tell us what we can do to make your next stay a 5 star one!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This hotel is in a part of town crowded with hotels, so I hoped competition would keep the price down. It was decent, but could have been less expensive for my liking. But I was looking for a hotel for a getaway with my wife, and this fit the bill. There were hardly any cars when we arrived in the late afternoon, though it was quite different when we came back after dinner. I expected that would make breakfast crowded, but it wasn't.

Anyway, nice smooth check-in process, comfortable, quiet, and clean room. The air conditioner was a low-feature model, so it cycled on and off all night to keep the room cool, but that doesn't keep me awake. The shower was fine. The breakfast was slightly above average for the kinds of hotels I stay in (i.e., cheap ones): bagels, bread, make-your-own Belgian waffles (which I happen to get really excited about), eleven kinds of standard breakfast cereals, most sugary, coffee/tea, and a fruit juice dispenser.

Two things would have made the stay better:
1. Shave about $10-15 off the price. We paid $69 after taxes, which I felt was just a bit steep. But I think it is a step up from the Red Roof Inn on the other side of the highway, so perhaps it's worth the additional expense.
2. More attentive desk staff. When we got the room, I neglected to ask what time check out was in the morning. That's something they usually tell you, so I shouldn't have had to ask. We checked out around 10:00am, which I'm sure was within acceptable limits, but there was no one around. After waiting around and staring into the security camera trying to look impatient, I called back into the office, as I could see a guy sitting back there. He turned out to be maintenance, and he went off in search of someone who could take my key card and print my receipt. That took longer than it should have. The desk person was the same one who had cleaned up breakfast an hour earlier, so I don't know what she was off doing. Perhaps 10:00 is just an odd time to check out? I wasn't in a hurry, but I expect better service from our friends in the "service industry."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KeepItCheap
We appreciate you leaving a comment for us. I am glad you had a good stay. I apologize for the front desk clerk not being right at the desk. They are responsible for all areas that pertain to breakfast. I will be sure to speak with my front desk clerks and handle the situation promptly. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!