“Wish there were more of these hotels around the country!”

LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wish there were more of these hotels around the country!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was the second year in a row a friend and I have stayed in this hotel during Mason, Ohio's annual pro tennis tournament. Love that we can stay two nights here for less than one night's stay at the larger chain hotels in the area, who substantially hike up their rates during the tennis tournament.

Very comfortable pillow top beds and the convenience of an in-room microwave and mini fridge are added benefits. Convenient location, about 15 minutes from the Lindner Family Tennis Center and King's Island, and several restaurants are located within a couple of miles. Not much within walking distance, however. Free breakfast includes cereal, milk, juice, coffee, a little fruit (apples and oranges during our stay), bagles, and do it yourself waffles.

More positives: helpful, pleasant staff and ample free parking. The pool area is nice but rather small. We asked for a room away from the elevators and were rewarded with a relatively quiet stay. The only negative was the air conditioning unit, which seemed rather old. We were either too chilly or too warm the entire stay.

Overall, great value for the price and location. Will definitely stay there again next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elyriel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Clean, comfortable with a decent cold breakfast included in a great price. But the real treat is the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, these young people were seemingly authentic, respectful, and very kind. It awe a good stay, convenient to kings island and downtown, which we had plans in both directions. Thx

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Russellville
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were able to secure a room through a travel website using LivInn's Top Secret Rate of $35 per day. The room was nice for the price, what they don't tell you is for that rate you get what they give you. They were unwilling to move us from the smoling section to a non smoking section and there was no fridge microwave or wifi as advertised on their inroom welcome letter. The pool was also closed during our stay.
They also seemed to be understaffed at critical check in times and at breakfast. For the price I paid I didn't complain, had I paid full rack rate their would have been a problem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We travel to this area every week for sports training, and have stayed in many hotels. I discovered this hotel in January 2011, and have stayed here almost every week since then, only missing when they were full and I was unable to book. This place is fantastic! The staff is wonderful, and always ready to be of help. Any concerns I have had, such as a maintenance or noise issues have ALWAYS been handled right away. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever come across in a hotel, even the "high end" ones. The LivINN is consistent, week after week, in offering a clean, well maintained, comfortable place that is above and beyond what one would expect for the price that you pay. You will not regret booking here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel was the worst I've ever stayed in. I don't think anything went right during this stay. As we were travelling with 2 kids and my 70 year old Mother, we had booked connecting rooms. I had even emailed the hotel 2x to confirm this. When we arrived, the rooms were not connecting. The front desk clerk didn't seem to want to hear our concerns, and did nothing. We ended up with rooms across the hall from each other. Since it was only for the 1 night, we let it go. Then we got upstairs and found that the hallway smelled really strongly of cigarette smoke. Not too impressed as this was supposed to be non smoking. Again we stressed this in our booking, as my Mother is allergic. Thankfully the rooms didn't smell of the smoke, but did smell very strongly of bleach. The beds were very uncomfortable and the bathroom tub had many rust spots. It made it look dirty. The worst thing was that the clock in the room wasn't set to the correct time. As we were out most of the day, we didn't notice. We were planning on leaving early the next morning as we had a very long drive ahead of us to our next destination, it was very important to leave by a certain time. We didn't realize until about 35 minutes after getting up, that it was in fact an hour later than we thought. We mentioned it to the head of housekeeping who was at the desk when I dropped off the keys, and at least she appologized. Said that the housekeeper should have checked it. Not so much the front desk clerk, who said that it wasn't their responsibility to check the clocks. I will never stay at this hotel again, due in large part to the front desk staff. Also, will now always be checking the hotel room clocks!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Evansville,Indiana
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel on priceline. We requested a 3 star minimum. We were arriving late on a friday night in order to shop IKEA early. It was about 9:30 pm when we checked in. We milled around the lobby for 10-15 minutes before a shaggy haired kid came down the stairs in the lobby and checked us in. First we were given a smoking room which was not what we booked. we booked a non-smoking room. I asked politely to be relocated. desk clerk obliged. Room 2 was on the 2nd floor and had an acrylic thing on the bed stating who cleaned the room etcetera. When we turned down the bed there were black hairs on the sheets and a white stain on the blanket. I thought I might gag. I snapped a picture and We packed it up and got out of there fast. Back outside there were 2 police cars and two people in cuffs face down in the parking lot which was just the icing on the cake- I got a photo of that too. after emailing priceline and attaching the photos I got my money back asap, no further questions asked. We proceeded to check into the Drury Inn. The manager at the Drury said it happens all the time and even gave us a special rate and a jacuzzi suite after getting a look at the horriffic pictures. The price tag is tempting, the website photos look ok, the hotel was a filthy hot mess.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank talktosloane
Hugo, Minnesota
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I needed a room somewhat close to Cincinnati but didn't want to stay right downtown. This fit the bill perfectly! It was a pretty short drive to downtown, but this hotel was in a nice area with plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. The front desk person was very friendly upon arrival. I was impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room. The wifi was free and worked great. I woke up too late (after 9 am) to have the free breakfast so I can't comment on that. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in that area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!