New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharonville
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
parkersburg
“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

When i made plans to stay here picutres looked to be ok with a nice pool, well when i got there i paid and my kids noticed the pool was cover up the room smelled really bad and it just wasnt the place for me i am always up for a good deal but this however was horrable i found a days inn on the next exit and was more than ready to pay more to stay there. id tell anyone look for another motel. the place is not clean at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality

Couples
Business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

This motel is away from the centre of Cincinnati (about a 20 minute drive). However it was extremely cheap - great value for someone like myself who is on a 3 month trip across the USA.

The service was fine, room was clean, easy parking. As others have mentioned, check your map before arriving as it is off the interstate in a slightly unusual location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2008

Both nights the desk was vacant when I called for a wake up call. No answer and nobody there when I went to the desk. Both nights, other people were waiting when I went to the desk, one person had been waiting 40 minutes. I waited 20 minutes the first night and 15 minutes the second. There are no clocks, so a wake up call is the only option and you have to talk to a person to set it up. Night 2, when the guy arrived at the desk, he was EXTREMELY RUDE to those of us that had been waiting for a while, even though nobody made a remark to him for how long he took to get there. He sternly said, "Everybody step away from the window!", which was the night window made of bullet proof glass, so it's not like there was some sort of threat. We were caught off guard and put off and I did not jump back at his command. He repeated it and siad he was helping the woman that he walked in with first. When I stepped to the window, he rudely said, "I need your ID." (the words aren't rude, it's how he said it) I politely explained that I just needed a wake up call and he changed his tune a bit. He wrote down the room and time, but didn't enter it right away. My bad, as I should have insisted that he did. I decided not to tell him what I thought about his behavior at that time because I thought I wouldn't get my wake up call if I did. Well, that didn't matter. No wake up call.

Also, I had to fix the exterior door trim of my room to cover a one inch gap to the outside. The cold water in the sink was at a trickle. The carpet was badly stained. The walkways were littered with beer bottle caps. All of that might have been fine for the price, but the rude service and lack of attendance at the desk was unacceptable. I felt unsafe, too, knowing there was not someone at the desk for long periods of time at night.

The manager just made excuses for the boy, rather than apologizing for his behavior and addressing it, but he did give me one night free as compensation. As to the comments about the sink and the door, rather than take notes, the desk attendant said that they were in the process of doing a lot of maintenance repairs throughout the hotel.

• Liked — Location and large grassy area out back for pets.
  • Disliked — Rude staff, littered grounds, stained carpet.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank WDAQ
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2008

Stayed here on our first trip through Cincinnati. An average Motel 6, nothing thrilling, but inexpensive. Like the previous posting said, it's hard to find as it is not directly off an exit but it is next to the interstate so it can be a little noisy.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled with friends
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

The Motel 6 at exit 44 was sufficiently clean, really pretty nondescript. The biggest drawback is how close it is to I-75 - not in terms of ease in accessing the highway (it's a maze with absolutely NO signs to direct you to the hotel as is customary at major exits) but in terms of road noise. I stay in hotels near the highways quite a bit and never one as noisy as this - semis all night and it seemed like there was a bump they would hit right in front of the rooms. I live on a main street and can sleep through sirens but I didn't sleep well here. Also while I felt safe there, one of the other patrons was panicked and then a little TOO relieved when he found out that the German Shepherd who travels with me is not a police dog. I did get a laugh out of it though. I have to travel to the same place next weekend, but I am going to try the Motel 6 at exit 46, one exit away - I pulled in there and it is a much quieter area. If you stay at exit 44, maquest how to get to the hotel first and bring some earplugs.

• Liked — Clean and reasonable
  • Disliked — Excessive noise, difficult to find
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 17 in Sharonville
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North/Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!