“Stay away”

Red Roof Inn Cincinnati - Sharonville
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hotel needs complete renovations as well new helpful staff.Room was dirty, toilet did not work, and bath tub water would not drain. All my complaints were made to the front desk. They told me the rooms would serviced and repaired. That was never done to completion. I asked to be moved too a new room and I was denied unless I paid them more money. When I complained too the manager I was told that everything was repaired and I was a liar! I complained too Red Roof Inn guest services and my complaints were ignored and dismissed. Terrible customer service for being in the hospitality industry. Do not stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel at any price!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Cincinnati - Sharonville

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I think the housekeeping staff's idea of a clean room means to change the bed linens, towels, and toiletries and then move on. We had an executive king room that has obviously under gone renovations. It looked just like the professional pictures on the web site. However, the room had been poorly vacuumed, if it had been vacuumed at all. The bathroom floor had obviously not been mopped in a long while. There were rings from glasses and bottles on all flat surfaces. Because we arrived late at night and needed just a few quick hours of sleep, I checked the bed closely. The linens were clean and the mattress looked very new, so I used disinfecting wipes around the room (I always carry them when I travel) and we spent the night. Upon checkout, we notified the desk clerk of the uncleaned room. She apologized but, I felt as if our concerns will go no further than to her. She seemed very unconcerned. I will not return to this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Relaxandtravel200
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I should have made a U-Turn as soon as I entered the lobby. It reeked of smoke. We were there to check in only and move on to downtown for a Reds baseball game. We returned after the night game at about midnight. You guessed it. The bedding also reeked of smoke (Rm. 203, A NON-SMOKING ROOM). On top of that, the stopper in the tub and sink were closed. As soon as I opened them, a "sewer gas" odor became evident. YUK! I was stuck however, because there were signs on the office door saying they were SOLD OUT, so switching rooms was not an option. I mentioned the problems to the morning clerk. Her response was, "Sorry 'bout that." Before I retired, Red Roof was one of my inns of choice and I NEVER had an experience like this anywhere (in 8 years, 4 nights a week!). My message to Red Roof management is, "Kick some butt and save your company!" Start by bulldozing Sharonville, OH and others where necessary. Rehab the one you want to save. Go totally Non-Smoking or have the intestinal fortitude to implement a stiff fine for ignoring the proper use of Non-Smoking rooms, like $1000 on their credit card for cleaning. I was there on 8/3/13.

Room Tip: Don't go to this Red Roof.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John W
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a reasonable place if you need a room for the night and you don't need any service from the hotel. My teen son and I stayed here one night while we were in town for a couple of baseball games. We did little more than sleep and shower at the hotel. That's all we expected for the price, and that's exactly what we got. We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor, which was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Although it seems no one had smoked in the room in the last couple of nights, it was clear that the room has had smokers in it. It was not so bad as to be unbearable or intolerable, but it was noticeable. The room was nothing special, the linens smelled as if they had been washed. The bathroom was not well-scrubbed but not gross either. Like I said, if you just need a place to sleep, and you want to watch your budget, this place works. But you should stay somewhere else if you have any kinds of expectations of décor, or amenities, or of super clean rooms.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a 2nd or 3rd floor room - exterior doors on all floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Those photos on their website are of another hotel and those clients screaming "great hotel" are liars as well unless there has been some drastic change in the last 30 days. Nasty, nasty, nasty! Fortunately for me, I saw the red flag when I parked, so, i politely asked to see the room b4 checking in... Best thing I've ever done! I won't waste time repeating what the honest people have already wrote but I will say this...that room with the broken lock is obviously still broken! My trip was for an area festival and instead of keeping their usual rates, red roof decided to inflate their prices like everybody else.....bad move. I spent an extra $20 and kept my sanity at the Hilton. This motel needs to upgrade or a $30 per nite rate.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless you are dead broke with no standards
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moe G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The mattress had mold on the sides and room smelled bad. I have stayed at this location before and it was cleaner. But I was dissapointed this time. I had to buy spray and spray the room because of a mildew smell. It didn't help. The next morning I happened to look under the bed skirt and saw the mattress had mold and smelled like mildew.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NIRILI
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was my impression that Red Roof was a cut above a motel 6 however this hotel is 2 cuts below.
Dirty carpets in the rooms. Year rounders living in the hotel. In addition, there is a lack of actual non smoking rooms. This is the first hotel I have ever been to where you cant find a non smoking label on the outside of a non smoking room. Makes you wonder what is going on and if they even care if you smoke in a room. AC unit run for a short time and turn off in the middle of the night, impossible to over ride. I awoke to a strong toilet like smell in our room. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business