“Not what I'm used to from HIE”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not what I'm used to from HIE”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been staying with HIE hotels for some time now while on business trips so I didn't think anything of it when I booked my most recent stay in the Cincinnati area. I was a bit taken back when I walked in to my room. It smelled musty and had a strong mildew odor in the air as well. The bathtub was in bad shape and the overall bathroom felt dirty; hairs, dirt, etc. The pillows were much different than I'm used to as well. Normally they have different pillow cases distinguishing firm and soft pillows, which this hotel did, however they were all "soft." If by soft you mean they were filled with 2 cotton balls.

Breakfast was mediocre compared to other HIE and the pool looked like it had something floating on the top of it.

The man at the front desk was very helpful though. He might have been a manager but I have had nothing but issues with my members number and he went above and beyond trying to figure out the issue. He wasn't able to solve the problem but he did try to...it just wasn't something he could handle.

Overall, this HIE isn't worth the stay especially with so many other options in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
DinIndy,

First let me start off by apologizing because you were unsatisfied about your stay. We do try to make each and every guest feel like home and take care of them as much as we can. I can tell you that there has been a change in management and we are doing any and everything to take care of the issues at hand. I personally pride myself in keeping a clean hotel and I cant guarantee you that if you come back and give us another chance you will notice a difference and see notable change. Please feel free to contact me here directly and I will be happy to help you out.

Daniel Potts
Holiday Inn Express - Sharonville
513.771.9080

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ontario
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express, and I would not want to stay anywhere else in Cincinnati! Alaisa (I hope I spelled that right),was at the front desk when we checked in at 9:30pm, which was only an hour and a half before her shift ended, and she was as bubbly and friendly, and knowledgeable, as if she had just come on shift. As soon as I presented my Priority Club card, she made sure we had all of the amenities for Priority Club members. The hotel was as beautiful, clean, and well taken care of, as on our previous visits. We were offered our choice of floors, and when asked, Alaisa, said that her preference was the first floor, and it was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh, and the area was very well kept. The pool was as good as I remembered, as was everything about the hotel. It's close proximately to the interstate, and ease of finding the hotel, were factors in originally choosing the location, but the staff and the hotel itself are the reason we keep coming back..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AJ S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your very positive feedback and we strive to make our guest our number priority and give the best service we can offer. We do hope to see many more times.
Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Plans changed at the last minute because of illness in the family, so we needed a handicap-accessible room ASAP. The staff at this hotel was terrific and the accommodations, while not plush, were certainly fine. The bathroom had a roll-in shower with a built-in bench. We only need a walk-in/roll-in shower because my husband has a hard time stepping over a tub. The bed was quite comfortable, the room clean, although a bit small should someone use a wheelchair. Plenty of light, although the linens and carpet, although clean, looked a bit used. Breakfast was typical, good Holiday Inn Express fare, which the staff kept sufficiently stocked.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I arrived shortly after noon for a 10 hour stay I will start with the great ..the people.. the girls at check in and check out were both freindly and helpful..ample truck parking across from motel at an abandoned restaurant...now the good ..price , bed, furniture,hot water and good water pressure...now needs a little tlc...bathtub needed new fixtures , tub could have been a little cleaner and top of walls around tub had mold on them lastly the lighting in the room was a little dark...If the bathroom was remodeled this place would be up to the standards of most other holiday inn express' but due to that I had to go with average instead of very good....I would stay here again because of the freindly people ,easy parking and good price..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
AJ S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently refreshing the hotel to meet all guest satisfaction. We make our guest our number one priority and we hope to see you again.
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express with nothing extra to set it apart. Our first impression on walking into our room was negative, it stunk. After three days (and a lot of room deodorizer) we concluded that the air conditioner was at fault. It cooled the room, but didn't remove the humidity. The smell was a funky, damp odor, probably from a clogged filter? The room, however, was very clean with a fridge and microwave. FYI, as a Priority Platinum member, we were disappointed that the only perk we received was a bottle of water.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliemj
Thank you for your feedback and we do take into consideration our guest views. We are currently in the process of refreshing the hotel and we encourage you to come stay with us again. We make sure our guest are our number priority from the time they enter the hotel. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.
Ansonia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Here we go. Upon check in we were greeted by a 100% American. He was fabulous! Very helpful. Our suite, (We read this on another review also) had a bit of a musty smell, but appeared clean including the tub and Jacuzzi. The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Breakfast was supposed to be served from 6-9:30 a.m. We went down around 8 and all the hot food was gone and there were just too many people in such a small area to wait around. Day 2 of our romantic getaway, at about 4:30 p.m. We came back to the room. It was not cleaned, just freshened as the front desk lady referred to it. Not all the towels were replaced, No big deal, but it would be nice to have enough towels when you pay as much as we did for a 2 night Jacuzzi Suite. **As we are trying to enjoy ourselves and relax, I was in the Jacuzzi. My husband was about to get in, when a maid walks in **WITHOUT KNOCKING** I was so embarrassed. I reported the incident to the Assistant Manager and the young man that checked us in. It was just as embarrassing for them as I am explaining. "While I was nude in the hot tub..." The manger was very good and took care of the situation, also addressing the issue with the employee. We also used the guest laundry room. It was very clean and only $1.75 to wash and dry our items. It was great having that available. So. With all of that said, I would recommend this hotel, as long as you are not hungry for breakfast. Make double sure the doors are locked. The staff, other than the maid service was top notch! The lobby was very clean and pretty. Our suite was very nice and in good repair. Its location is very nice when visiting the Cincy area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 906crystalh
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Sharonville property is a typical Holiday Inn Express, not a great one. The staff was very helpful in check-in, check-out and giving directions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, if not especially large. It is far enough from Interstate-75 to be quiet in a residential area. There were plenty of restaurants nearby, as well as a pleasant suburb. Breakfast was fine, but the staff had trouble keeping up with the rush. It looked like one overworked but pleasant woman handled both the desk and refreshing the breakfast bar. Businesses can cut staff only so far until it will begin to have a negative effect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tomand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!