I have been staying with HIE hotels for some time now while on business trips so I didn't think anything of it when I booked my most recent stay in the Cincinnati area. I was a bit taken back when I walked in to my room. It smelled musty and had a strong mildew odor in the air as well. The bathtub was in bad shape and the overall bathroom felt dirty; hairs, dirt, etc. The pillows were much different than I'm used to as well. Normally they have different pillow cases distinguishing firm and soft pillows, which this hotel did, however they were all "soft." If by soft you mean they were filled with 2 cotton balls.
Breakfast was mediocre compared to other HIE and the pool looked like it had something floating on the top of it.
The man at the front desk was very helpful though. He might have been a manager but I have had nothing but issues with my members number and he went above and beyond trying to figure out the issue. He wasn't able to solve the problem but he did try to...it just wasn't something he could handle.
Overall, this HIE isn't worth the stay especially with so many other options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Sharonville is located north of downtown Cincinnati. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-75 @ exit 15. Our Sharonville hotel is the most centrally located hotel for business & leisure travelers seeking exceptional service in northern Cincinnati. Each guest room has been freshly renovated & offers free wireless high-speed Internet access, flat screen TV, and refrigerator/microwave. Enjoy our refreshing indoor pool, guest laundry & fitness center to help you stay in shape while on the road. Our guests have complimentary access to a nearby extensive fitness center. Breakfast is hot and free! Served daily at 6:00 AM, our breakfast bar offers a selection of hot morning favorites including fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit & more. It's delicious. It's hot. The signature cinnamon rolls alone are so good, you'll start looking for reasons to travel more often. Business: Our corporate clients think we are ideally located within minutes of Cincinnati's top companies such as General Electric Evendale & CTEC, Ford, UPS, Procter & Gamble, Sharonville Convention Center.Attractions: Kings Island, Beach Water Park, Great American Ball Park, Paul Brown Stadium, IKEA, Cincinnati Zoo are a short 15 minute drive or less from our hotel. Holiday Inn Express Sharonville is the smart choice when staying in Cincinnati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Sharonville
- Holiday Inn Sharonville
- Sharonville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sharonville, Ohio