Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Travelocity
$119
$98
Hyatt.com
All reviewsfront deskwarm cinnamon rollsawesome staffquiet streetvariety of choicesenjoyed our staypancake machineroom was cleanlarge tveach morningfresh towelscookieslobby areanice staydefinitely stay here againbusiness centermini fridge
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here for a weeklong business trip to the area, and overall I was rather pleased. Seeing as this is a chain hotel catering to business travelers and the like, there was nothing particularly notable or unique about it, but my room was more modern and updated than I expected for the money, and the amenities were functional though limited.

I ended up with a two queen room, which was nice: clean with comfortable beds and a flat screen TV. There was also a fridge and microwave which I never had the need to use but could be handy to have around. The bathroom was plain but everything worked, with good water pressure and temperature. My window looked out on a small neighborhood street which made for a quiet neighborhood. I never heard any noise outside my room the whole week.

There's a pool (which I never used) but no hot tub, and a very small exercise room. I used a stationary bike one morning; I think there was also an elliptical machine and some free weights. The "business center" area was one computer next to the elevator - a bit odd, but it worked fine for me.

The complimentary breakfast was my only real complaint. It was one of the worst I've had in a hotel. The first morning featured some sort of imitation omelette which felt like it was made of styrofoam. Hot foods the other morning were similarly unnatural feeling scrambled eggs and rubbery sausage patties. There was also no fruit, limited yogurt and only sugary-sweet cold cereal so I quickly ran out of alternative options.

This hotel was pretty cheap, so the quality level of the room pleasantly surprised me. Everything was comfortable, clean and seemed new. Breakfast was bad, but I'd just use the savings from the room rate to go out for a better one. It wasn't a particularly exciting hotel, but it served my purposes while I was there. I'd probably stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Cyclone05,

Thank you so much for taking time to write your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our room accommodations and amenities. I apologize that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stopped at this particular Holiday Inn Express during an inpromtu road trip. We stopped here because you can always depend on an Holiday Inn Express for great service, clean rooms and value. Well, not in this case. I was very disapointed. The outside is nice looking and pleanty of spaces to park. Dead plants in the flower pots at the entrance to the hotel? The loby needs to be updated. The breakfast bar is one of the worst I have ever seen. It was dirty! There was food debris everywhere and it looked as though it had not been cleaned since they started the service that morning. The food was not appealing at all therefore we did not partake so I can not say how it tasted. The indoor pool was ice cold but the kids in it did not seem to mind. Staff, not friendly at all!

The room was not the best one I have had in this chain. The bathroom had mold growing on the wallpaper down at the floor level. The tile seemed very dirty with really bad grout stains throughout, so we laid a towel down and moved on. The beds seemed comfortable enough and clean. The phone had tons of dirt on it so we never picked it up which had me scared for the TV remote and I had no wipes with me on this trip. This was a room with double queen beds and on the far bed, beside the headboard there was a dimesize hole in the wall?? We stuffed it with tissues. Kinda creepy. The view outside our window, well there was a housing development that you really don't notice when you pull up, but we had a great view into the house next door. Also, there must be trains close by cause we heard trains all night, which could be pretty cool if your into that sort of thing. Then above us, we were on the 2nd floor, there must of been some sort of party going on cause they were constantly stomping and banging so we did not get alot of sleep. The hotel was not that busy so they could have put them in another area.

So, overall, I would not stay here again for sure. This experience has me a bit leary of staying at an Express again in the future. There is a Drury Inn across the street that we went into later to just check out, I think that will be the one we try the next time..... Sorry Express....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Karri K
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Karri K,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Needed a hotel last minute for an overnight business trip, and this place did a nice job. Room was clean and functional. Bathroom was a little dated, but cleanliness is the most important thing and I had no complaints. Also, no problems with hot water or water pressure. Bed was very comfortable, and the flat screen HDTV was nice touch. For business purposes, the wireless internet was free with a very strong signal. Never dropped during my two hours of work.

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with directions in the morning. The biggest downside is I thought the exterior of the hotel could have been cleaner. A designated smoking area outside (and away from the entrance) was littered with butts, despite ashtrays positioned all around. Also some general litter around. Too bad people can be such slobs sometimes, but at least the interior was very clean.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

It was my first stay there and I think it will be the last one. At least i will consider other hotels around.
The location is good and parking is spacious and free. The staff is friendly, but not very helpfull. The lobby is outdated. The rooms are average, but not as clean as other Holiday Inns I stayed before.
The breakfast was below than average.

Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear tr0p1k,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel. I would like to apologize for any discomfort the staff may have caused. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to host you should your travels bring you back to Sharonville.

Pam G.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Picking a hotel is always scary for me because of the whole bedbug thing going around so I am always reading reviews before booking anything. I can never find a hotel without any negative reviews so when I book I am always one to ask about bedbugs. This hotel was very clean and super nice. The pool area was very clean and well maintained, the breakfast area was well stocked and very clean, the lobby was clean, the rooms were very clean. The only complaint I have was the room was a little warm. Mu husband and I stayed in the suite room on the 3rd floor. When getting off the elevator on the 3rd floor you were hit in the face with warmth. I figured the room would have been cooler but it wasn't. We turned the air on the lowest it would go (65 degrees) and it still did not cool down much. Over all we had a really good experience and would def stay again when in Cincinnati for another Reds game. THANKS

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple