“Great room to freeze you butt in”

Comfort Inn - Seaman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaman
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This is a Comfort Inn that appears to be at the low end of the Comfort Inn spectrum. The property, internally and externally has the look and feel of a Super 8 with the name and pricing of a Comfort Inn.

The room has the usual Comfort Inn furnishings but has the feel of a less expensive property. The room appears to be clean but had a distinct musty odor.

My complaint with this property is that the room heat is provided by a window type air conditioner mounted in the wall. The room was freezing and while the AC unit seem to occasionally spit out some warm air, it blew out mostly ice cold air and emitted a burned dust smell when heating..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 10, 2009

We reserved a room at this motel for 2 nights while in the area visiting family. I was extremely disappointed first with the inground pool. My child wanted to go swimming and after being on the road I thought is was a great ideal to get in some exercise. Unfortunately the pool was extremely dirty, end of that ideal. In the evening the room got very warm, there was a note on the AC not to change the settings. In the middle of the night the AC was making really loud cracking noises. The only way to stop the noise was to switch it over to fan which really gave no relief from the heat. We only spent one night. Would not recommend unless your are desperate for a bed and don't mind a warm room. The complimentary breakfast was good, but the employees keep a close eye, I guess they are afraid the guests will eat too much.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2008

After MapQuest gave us the most messed up directions from Cincinnati to North Carolina, we stumbled upon this hotel in a rather isolated area at the beginning of the mountains. The roads were black and there was fog moving in and we were willing to accept any hotel we could possibly find. This hotel really was much much better than anticipated. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very nice and overall I was pleasantly surprised. I would not make this a destination hotel, but... if ever you are driving through that area late at night towards the east coast, this really is your last chance for somewhere to stay for quite a distance. And as a bonus, the desk clerk in the morning told me to ignore the MapQuest directions and hand wrote me directions directly to North Carolina from there and saved us a lot of time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2007

My stay at this hotel was such a pleasant experience I felt compelled to write about it. From the moment we arrived I felt welcome. The room was scrupulously clean and fresh. There was no hint of any smoking ever occuring there. It was quiet and relaxing.

Best of all, however, was the breakfast and the attentive owner, Gr. He was just the best person I have ever encountered in any stay at a motel. He was friendly, courteous and helpful. The continental breakfast was great with many choices. It was with regret that I left the Comfort Inn. And I surely intend to go back there.

Joan Redondo

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Comfort Inns are usually clean and reliable. This one is no exception. Room was clean, good TV and restroom. The website said I was to get an in-room jacuzzi, but that didn't happen and I didn't pursue the matter as I was on business anyway. The breakfast was excellent for a Comfort Inn. The usual stuff, pastries, fruit, breads, cereals, but they also had boiled eggs, frozen egg things and make-your-own waffles. The computer in the lobby was fast and checking email was easy. Staff was courteous. The diner next door was excellent. It can be very difficult to find good places to eat in small towns like this but Cruisers Diner was very good. Much better than fast food.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank mjd50
Reviewed July 9, 2005

I needed a place to stay while on Business in Peebles, Ohio and I didn't want to drive the 1.5 hours back to Cincinnati to sleep each night....Anyway a friend recommended this hotel and boy was I surprised.

This is a really nice hotel (basic but nice). The rooms and bathrooms were modern, clean, and comfortable and they provided the standard continental breakfast all for about $62 bucks. The only issue I had with the hotel is, if you're staying on the first floor you will hear people on the second floor walking around.

Other than that I would definately stay here again...

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank sabast1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaman
24 mi away
#1 of 3 in Hillsboro
Days Inn Hillsboro
Days Inn Hillsboro
#2 of 3 in Hillsboro

Been to Comfort Inn - Seaman? Share your experiences!