“We had a great time!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Castaway Bay Resort
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
“We had a great time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

It was a fun trip. The resort is nice. The wood is looking dated and may need restoration. The front desk gave me incorrect info telling me I would get free parking if I purchased CP tickets from them. Loved seeing SNOOPY!!! Fun water park. Nice, clean room! Most of the staff was nice and friendly!! I would return! :-)

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TyleratCP, Manager at Castaway Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for letting us know about the parking issue, we will address that with the front desk staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Galloway, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I would recommend anyone that wants to stay here to make your reservations through a phone call and insure that you have everything you want in writing. I consider this hotel's website a non-website. They show photos but have no FAQs and list no phone number other than the reservation number. If you have to get a hold of them you have to call through the reservation number and they can't help with any questions you may have in regards to the hotel or their waterpark. I reserved two rooms at the lowest rate with breakfast included (or so I thought) and received no breakfast coupons when I arrived. They informed us that we did not reserve any of the rooms for that. We also wanted ajoining rooms but had to wait until we checked in to see if we actually got them as they stated on the website that "they would try to accommodate our request!" I also find fault with the price of the room that they have double beds. I haven't slept in a double bed in a hotel in decades and at the price they charged I felt overcharged. The only good thing in my whole experience with this hotel was the waterpark. They provided plenty of towels although I brought my own because the website doesn't tell you they provide them. Like I said in the beginning of this post, call and talk to someone when making your reservation as this hotels website is worthless!

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms have double beds instead of queen so if you can upgrade to the next room and get...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay and the reservation process. We reviewed your comments so that I can make improvements to the process.

The bottom of each page of the Castaway Bay website lists the reservations phone number (419-627-2106) and the information phone number (419-627-2500). In either case, the agent answering the phone should have been able to provide you with the correct information or find an agent that could. We will continue to monitor the telephone calls to ensure we are providing the highest level of service.

The confirmation letter that is e-mailed to you immediately after booking you reservation should indicate the package items included in your stay. We will continue to review those as well to make sure they include the correct information.

Castaway Bay offers a variety of room types. Included with those are Starfish Rooms that have two double beds and Pelican Rooms that have two queen beds.

We added a question/answer to the FAQ under the Learn section of the website indicating that towels are available inside the waterpark.

Thank you for staying at Castaway Bay. Your business and your feedback is appreciated.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Room was large enough for 6 of us (king bed, 2 twin bunk beds). (Although, bunk bed railing fell off twice.) Dorm fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 closets, screened balcony, 2 sinks in vanity area, 2 tvs, 2 desks. Room was dimly lit and could use updating. Waterpark was really great!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TyleratCP, Manager at Castaway Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests.
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Found the place to be Clean, friendly, very professional for an resort of this size and at cedar point.
Lots of family fun at the indoor water park.
The staff was very accommodating to our special needs and make sure everything was in order for us.
The water park is a good sizes and lots of things for out family to do.
Kids area and wave pool had my five year old busy for hours.
The indoor / outdoor hot tub kept mom and dad happy.
Castaway Bay Resort a great value and in the middle of the pack for indoor water parks in this area.
However would recommend Highly stay and have fun here.......
A great mother's Day getaway!!!

Note: Did check out T.G.I. Fridays on the property and found it to be overpriced for restaurants in this area, would not recommend T.G.I. Fridays for family on a budget.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Maridale2013
Thank you for joining us for Mother's Day. We're glad to hear your family enjoyed their visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a excellent time, with the groupon you couldn't go wrong. Someone pooped in the wave pool and they got everyone out and had it shutdown for the day while it went threw there cleaning process, but they had enough for my 4 year old to keep busy the whole time.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Castaway Bay. We hope we will see you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I really enjoyed this place because of the great customer service and fun added activites for the kids to do. The only negative was that the breakfast buffet only serves pork...and in this day and age a lot of ppl dont eat pork and have switched to turkey products etc. And they are not accommodating..for example my child wasnt hungry so i asked if i could take her meal to go so she can eat later and it wasnt an option. I understand its a buffet, but i couldnt get ONE meal to go for her...so it was sort of a waste if you do the package deal like i did. The waterpark is really nice and is definetly for younger kids (under 12). Older kids may get bored quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mom924
TyleratCP, Manager at Castaway Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your visit. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our guests.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

My family and I had THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! This resort was awesome. We reserved the Tarpon Suite with bayview. It was so clean and comfortable. My children loved the double bunk beds. The king bed we had was so comfortable. There was so much to do. We can't wait to go back. I would recommend this indoor waterpark.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TyleratCP, Manager at Castaway Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
That's great! Thank you so much for the five star review. We look forward to seeing you back soon. Thank you for your business.