“We will NEVER return”

Cedar Point's Castaway Bay
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed this past weekend Feb 23, 24 and it was terrible. When I booked the room I booked a roll away and at check in they told me between 3 & 4 it would be at my room, finally at 9:30 that night it showed up after three more calls to the front desk. Whatever ya do don't try to get extra pillows that will take ya about 3 hours also. The staff was rude and many of them were not well informed. The waterpark is geared for preteen and if you want to get a shirt to fit you had better be a large or smaller. Needless to say when I went to checkout all the counter help could say is "I am sorry."

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here during winter break-- got the largest room- flamingo suite- and was very disappointed for the value for our money. First off- our king bed was completely sagging in the middle- there was no middle support and tbey were unable to fix it:( secondly, they placed queen sheets that were too small on the bed, thus exposing the mattress; the sofa in the main area is past its lifespan- completely sagging in the front as cushions collapse and the pullout sofa is in sad shape as well. The manager was able to adjust our rate and was very understanding so that was a positive. The waterpark was a nice size for the 3 kids that are from 8-11 years old. Overall, ok place- seems outdated and staff isn't too friendly ; i was expecting the same quality as great wolf lodge.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall it was OK. Smallish waterpark, but good enough for us. Stayed in a Starfish room and it was clean and adequate. Only had 2 issues. So many kids swallowing water and gagging and choking and basically puking it up into the pools - nasty. And the idiots across the hall from us (large group of mulitple families) let their kids run the halls screaming and slamming doors from 11 until midnight. Took TWO calls to the desk to have them send someone up to tell them to shut up. Not really the fault of the hotel that people have HORRIBLE parenting skills these days though...

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Traveled there with my daughter and two teenage boys..They had alot of fun in the water park but was disappointed with the arcade. Alot of the games weren't working and the ones that were you couldn't get tokens for. Room was okay, could of been cleaned better, found paper and hair bands from previous people, but i've seen worse. Would I go back?? Yes..Would I recommend to a friend?? Yes.. Ate at TGIF and it was terrible..food poor quality and service was below average..

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We spent February 16-17 2013 at Castaway Bay and we had a blast. The room was clean and comforatable, the staff was great and there were plenty of activities for our kids. We would recommend this resort!

Room Tip: The bay view was nice.
2  Thank Tonya K
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our first time to visit castaway bay. We won't be going back. Several members of the front desk staff were very rude and not helpful at all and literally walked away from me before I was done speaking and/or asking questions. The arcade staff were the same way. For the amount of money we spent one would like to be treated with a little more respect.

3  Thank TeresaOrrville
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The kids loved it..... we paid 334.00 for the starfish room :/ and it was rather small for that price but the waterpark was great probably for children up to ages 12 or 13 ...... The lady at the front desk rushed me through check-in so I was shorted 2 wrist bands and I wasn't given my coupons but after calling about the issues I was given the two wrist bands for free and a roll away bed for free which in all saved me 25 dollars.........They need to upgrade the activities they have for the children........But Overall it was our family's first indoor waterpark resort and I think it was a nice one to start with .....I notice everything so there is a few more details I could post but I believe the experience over shadowed a few minor flaws!

1  Thank ShaylaW86