Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$70
EconoLodge
$54
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$89
Fairfield Inn
$170
Groupon.com
$140
All reviewsthe thirsty ponylaser tagrain waterfamily hotelhotel roomcheck in was quickpizzabowlingkidsfunbowledparkcausewaygamesblastages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night with my sister. We are in our early 30's and stayed at this hotel as we got a great deal and it is right outside the Cedar Point gates so a Great location if you are going there. Outside and lobby of the hotel are nothing special and could actually use an update. When we entered our hotel room we were quite happy as our room had been renovated about 90%. The bathroom was tiny and could use more updating but overall we were very happy with the room and decor. Breakfast was free and said Continental but was more than that, more like a full breakfast with hot food and everything. Great way to start the day. We got two wristbands to access the indoor waterparl called RAIN. It is a bit small but for kids they still would have loved it. My sister and I although in our 30's did try out the water slides and they were quite fun! The park is great for all ages though even babys. There is a hot tub as well and outside there is a pool with a water fall! We would stay here again but from the outside and inside the Lobby the hotel seems "tired".

Room Tip: Room 200 is Right in front of the Ice Machine......if you get it....ask for another room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2014

As a travel agent for over 20 years, I have stayed in many hotels. This hotel seemed a good compromise between location and price. I sincerely wish I would have spend the extra $$ to go somewhere, anywhere else. Black gunk (mold?) inside the window pane. Dust completely corroded on the bathroom vent. Balls of dirt in the air/heat register. Carpet was ripped in places. We were on the second floor, and could barely touch the outside door to get into our hallway because it was completely covered in bugs. And, there were also tons of bugs in the hallway - the 3 days we were there, those were never cleaned up. I did not have enough money to check out and go elsewhere, due to the hold they put on your card when you check in. When I checked out, and showed the manager my pictures, she took 22.00 per night off my room. Also, the free wifi was horrible. It didn't even work half the time. My daughter and I did like the restaurant, and the hotel was very close to Cedar Point.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank kerrisue
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This place at first glance looks like the perfect family stay. Pool, water park, lazer tag, bowling and on-site restaurant. I am guessing this place was a great when first opened but it is very dated and a lot of patch type work, just not what I expected from a Quality Chain. I would not recommend the on-site restaurant, food was mediocre at best. On the plus side it was right down the road from Cedar point, lots of stores and restaurants within close proximity. The staff was accommodating and very pleasant A+ for staff! So if you are looking for cheap and close place this may suit your needs. (this is an 89$/night type of place at best)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here Aug 4-6, 2014. Got a great deal on the 3 nights on Expedia for $217.00 USD. This is NOT a quality place in terms of real quality or like other Quality Inns are. I can see why the wide range of reviews are here. The wing we stayed in, yes the carpet is old and needs to be replaced for sure. Its not nice looking and the carpet in the lobby is worse. The wing where friends of ours stayed had much better carpets. Breakfast was good. No complaints there. Staff good. Hair dryer did not work, only found that out on check out day. Water park is fun but kids need to be 42" tall for the big slides. There is no small slides for small kiddies, but the outdoor pool is nice for them. As a person who has stayed in worse and is comfortable camping and roughing it, I would say this is a 2 star hotel and dropping. If they can renovate the rooms and carpets it should be 2.5-3 star. I will give it a 3 star as its ok due to the good breakfast and extra water park and we got a deal. I would not spend $100 a night here if you do not have kids and do not bowl, laser tag, or bet on Ponies. If you want Quality, check into Castaway Bay next door. Its over $200.00 a night though. :/ . In short if you plan to be at Cedar Point and ride all day or Soak City til close, you won't get use of this hotels extra features. We were too tired the 1st 2 nights. My next visit won't be staying here I will stay up hwy 250 somewhere closer to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms around numbers 240 range +/- 15 numbers have the nicer carpets.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rosedrew
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel with all the amenities this is not the place. No elevator, toilet is horrible.. Doesn't fill up after flushing.. Had to use the trash can to fill up water to put in back of toilet to get to flush, not up to date at all But for what we needed it for it was okay. We were there for a mini vacation. We had won day passes to Great Wolf Lodege for the waterpark at a auction so we didn't need to stay at the lodge. We were there all day had dinner and just needed a place to crash. For what my family needed it for it was okay. If you are going to be there for an extended stay, I would look elsewhere especially if you don't have kids. The main attraction is they have a mini waterpark on site and we used that the night before we went to Great Wolf Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2014