“Mixed Feelings”

Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was at the entrance to Cedar Point, across from Castaway Bay. The waterpark was small, but neat for the kids. Great hot tub! The hotel and room had a very musty odor. Housekeeping brought room spray to mask it. The hotel was okay for one night but not sure we would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Headed for Cedar Point and this hotel was recommended by a family friend. We are so glad they told us about this place. Great location and a minute or two from the Park and so much more than just a hotel. Bowling, waterslides, lazer tag, and a great restaurant we neverhad to leave an i honestly think the kids enjoyed the hotl more than Cedar Point. Resonablly priced and very clean. We would suggest this hotel for anyone headed to Cedar Point especially wif they have kids and make sure to check out the Thirsty Pony the hotels restaurant.

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed August 30, 2013

First of all, this is right at the causeway entrance for cedar point. We did cedar point and it was awesome to have such a short drive from cedar point. I booked on expedia for $ 89 and found it to be a good value.
The room was clean. I was happy to see all white daily washed blankets on the bed. Nothing disgusts me more about a hotel than the creepy colored comforter slip covers that are clearly reused between guests. Ick! The bedding here was nice. The towels had seen better days and could use a good fabric softener, but clean so we got over it. Although the building was older there have clearly been attempts to partially update the room interiors with flat screen tvs, granite and newer furniture. There still remains enough bright brass in this hotel to fully relive the glory of the 80's. Upon arrival we were disappointed that the air was totally turned off in our room. After a hot August day at an amusement park, nobody wants to enter a hot humid room and wait for it to cool down with a dated air conditioner. It was a slow cooling process but it finally caught up during the night. As are the exterior areas of the hotel, the common interior areas are more dated and clearly lower on the priority of cleaning and maintenance staff. For the price, I was satisfied as the room itself was clean and fully functional.
The amenities are pretty nice. The outdoor pool is small but adequate and had a fun little waterfall. The indoor waterpark is 2 slides a few splash areas and a hot tub. Perfectly adequate for our family and the two other children in the area, but I can imagine this could quickly be unpleasant with too many people. The hours of the outdoor pool were 9am-11pm and the indoor water area hours were 4pm-11pm on the evening of our stay.
Connected to the hotel is a pub called The Thirsty Pony. We ate dinner here and it was pretty good. The kids enjoyed their kid meals and were thrilled that they came with free bowling passes. Yes the fun keeps on coming at this place! The bowling alley was pretty nice. The games were free with our passes but shoe rental was $3 per person. Very worth it. A fun time.
Overall we would stay here again because of the overall value. We would even pay a little more if the common areas were cleaner and better maintained. Location is still the trump card with this one!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while working a bass tournament and the room was booked by a third party. The beds slept ok, the shower was hot, the water pressure was ok, the ac kept the room cool. The room was clean and had no odor. Saturday morning my wife had issues with a drunk possibly from the Thirsty Pony trying to get a cigarette or a ride to the store to get cigarettes. The other issue was the internet kept going out and the server had to keep being reset. Sunday morning my wife called the front desk again because the internet went out and the male clerk told her to go online to the Best Western site to do the agreement for the internet. ?? If the internet is out how do you go online?? After 8:00 am someone came in that could reset the server. If I had the option I would have much rather stayed at the Maples Motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I could go on for hours because this place is that bad but I will sum it up: Only stay here if you have no problem with Dirt and filth (and I mean that literally), blood stained sheets, mold and mildew, and lastly YOU MUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SPIDERS! In other words there were spiders even in the beds...YUK! My first clue that this place was horrible should have been when I complained of the blood stains on the sheets and they didn't apologize or even look surprised but just indicated that they would send housekeeping to change the sheets. The ice machines are covered with dirt and falling paint and when I asked a maid passing by if the ice inside the machine was safe to consume, she quickly replied that she was not sure and that was it. I tried every other ice machine and they all looked either as bad or worse so I opted to skip the ice. The air conditioner in my room had tons of dirt, dust and some other stuff going on that I was afraid to keep it on. There was a stench so bad that it would send a skunk running and it wasn't the smell of smoke that greets you as you enter this so called smoke free environment. There were cigarette butts everywhere and you had to walk past half the staff of maids and other hotel staff just outside the hotel door just to enter which was treacherous. I could go on but I think you get it... This place should be torn down, forget renovating, it's beyond help!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

can't believe anyone would would give this place a good review....
the entire facility is filthy, run down, moldy and smells horrible.
there were five of us and we were promised a roll away.
when we returned from cedar point to find no roll away bed and called the front desk they said they were out and told us they would provide a sheet and blanket for us to sleep on the floor,
unbelievable...this place is disgusting and would never let my kids swim in the filthy water,
our bathroom had mold all over the ceiling and there was hair on the drain in the shower, the curtains and carpet were all stained and smelled. the website makes it look nice but this place is trash....don't get ripped off., stay elsewhere

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms were ok for sleeping but could use some updating. The amenities were great! We didn't get a chance to use the indoor water park because we were at Cedar Point most of the time, however, The Thirsty Pony & Cedar Lanes were a hit and the hotel is only minutes from CP!! We would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com