“Big change” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Sacramento, California
“Big change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at this place last year and were avoiding this year but its a big change they change the place with new carpet and much better staff. I go to Sandusky every month and will be staying there from now on .Very reasonable price and close to the Cedar point and restaurants

Room Tip: The suite with 4 beds are the best room for big family
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jay s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was dirty, the phone didn't work, everything was unplugged, & a few lights didn't work. I know it's a cheaper hotel - but this was ridiculous!!!! The worst part of our stay was our experience with the manager working at night - my husband went to the office to tell her our concerns about the room & she had a horrible attitude right away, complaining that we should have told her earlier (we got our room keys & spent the day at Cedar Point) - she raised her voice & so my husband asked her to stop talking to him & started walking back to our room - she followed him, yelling at him the entire way!!! Issues were never resolved & she left our room after briefly looking around - this place REALLY needs to hire a manager that us helpful to customers! Daytime staff at check out was much friendlier, but we will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank LauraZH

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

pelee island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed one night. Rooms were tired and could use some paint and sprucing up, were really close to the road, but was cleaner than other places I've stayed in Sandusky. If you just need a place to stay, nothing fancy ormbig, thisncouldmwork for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank pelee p
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Absolutely horrible, room was dirty bugs on window sill and in bathtub. I wasn't expecting much for the price we paid but wow!!!! I've stayed in a few dumps now and then but this tops them all. I was waiting to find a dead hooker under the bed. Staff not friendly at all offered to have our first room cleaned by head housekeeper I declined, I suppose she was going to clean up the bugs and vacuum a little more. Tried to switch rooms said that was their last single bed room, I find hard to believe because only 5 cars in the whole complex which is very creepy. So girl at front desk offered to move us to a king bed room but not for free, she seemed a little upset when I said bugs she asked what type and how big. I'm a little unhappy I have to pay for another room which is not much better.. Run run run. For $10 more there are a few hotels around that are more updated and not such a dump

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank 40206
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

You get what you pay for. My friends booked this hotel so that we could go to Put in Bay. It was dirty, scuzzy and cheap. Everything expected. Haha. I mean if you drink enough does it matter? I wouldnt choose to stay here again, but it wasnt the worst place I have ever been.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Denise G
Sandusky, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Don't do what we did and book this place, on most sites they advertise a free breakfast, this is a LIE they do not provide a breakfast. As this was a major criteria when choosing a place to stay don't get sucked in like we did! The rooms are rough, lights don't work, dirty and generally the place is run down and needs a lot of work! Don't try and make a long distance call as although instructions are on the phone in your room, they must have come from somewhere else as advised by reception this is not an option. Use any other booking site except "Hotels.com" as trying to get any sense from them about their false advertising is like smashing your head against a brick wall

Room Tip: only spent time in one so can't comment, but expect they are all the same
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kevin k
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

DO NOT stay at this hotel unless you don't mind getting high off of the marijuana smell.My family stayed in two rooms in the executive suites which is a seperate building that has three entrances that are wide open.You do not need a key to get into any of these entrances.There is no one on staff in this building so anyone can walk in at any given time of day or night, and there were homeless people hanging out in the lobby,the lobby that had no one in it.My kids were scared to stay in their own room. The window on the first level at the entrance was wide open as well. The rooms were dirty and smelled musty.There was so much weed smoking in our hotel it reeked of the smell everyday and not to mention my daughter walked outside and a boy was smoking weed in broad daylight. Do not bring your children to this hotel.The owner of the property Nicole is rude and very un helpful,I made a complaint about this hotel to corporate and personally spoke to Nicole myself and she proceeded to tell me that weed smoking goes on all the time there and there is not much she can do except call the police.Really? maybe she should put someone on staff in that building and if I could smell the weed and the kids can smell the weed then I know the staff smelled it but then again maybe they smoke it as well.This hotel sucks!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay at this hotel!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family