Econo Lodge Cedar Point
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$54
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$81
SleepInn
$123
$111
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$79
Groupon.com
$140
$134
Priceline
All reviewsenglish muffinsmaking wafflescedar pointroom was cleanc worked wellsuper closeshower pressurereasonable ratesdonutswould stay here againworked greatdecent hoteltrain tracksbathroom dooramusement parkminute drivecereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The front desk lady was all smiles - nice after a long drive. The room was a nice size, plenty of room to move around without bonking into each other. The location couldn't be much better, no extra trip to get to the gate. The room was very clean, the a/c worked beautifully. While obviously a little older, the pool area was clean and neat and back away from traffic. The room wasn't musty or smelly at all. Also, there was an iron and ironing board and blow dryer. I just wish there had been a little coffee pot as well.

I made the reservations before I read the reviews here...and was very worried. No need though, we had NO problems. We stayed for two nights and were very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 5, 2009

As others I was skeptical at first, but found the accomodations acceptable for one nights lodging prior to a day at Cedar Point. The room was clean and the bathroom appeared to be recently renovated, but the bathroom fan was extremely noisy. The heating/cooling unit worked well and was fairly quiet. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the bed comfort a 7. The heated outdoor pool area was in need of some minor repair, but the water was clean and fairly warm. My kids went swimming although the evening was overcast and low 70s. The breakfast was bare bones (coffee and small rolls), so we decided to go out for breakfast. However, to our surprise, there aren't any breakfast places near the hotel except for a McDonald's 1/2 mile down the Cedar Point Causeway. For the price and location, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We spent one night here, and it was a very good hotel for the price especially compared to the alternatives in the area. The first room we got smelled pretty odd, but the very nice manager (owner?) at the desk reassigned us to a different room without a problem. It smelled a bit musty but a lot better than the previous room. The beds were a bit old/sagging, but otherwise the room was just fine. It was also nice having the free continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights while going to Cedar Point, I was a little iffy at first but this hotel was clean and very close to Cedar Point. We stayed with friends and both rooms were clean, our room was a bit musty/smokey but maybe because the room had not been used much lately. It smelled lots better after a day or so..... The beds were nice, the bathroom clean and recently remodeled. The breakfast, while not much was ok! Bagels, english muffins, donuts and coffee/juice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I usually don’t write reviews but this experience warranted a review. My family and I stayed at this location during the opening weekend of Cedar Point 2009. I will start with the one and only positive. This is a great location in relation to Cedar Point. The hotel is almost at the park’s entrance. End of the positive. This place reminded me of a crack house only worse. The rooms are small, smelly and have the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. You can hear every move made in the room four doors down or the footsteps of each person walking by. When the pool is open you couldn’t pay me to take a dip in that cesspool. I’m not sure how they can call the continental breakfast food. There were four items available. Hostess doughnuts & cinnamon rolls, English muffins, & stale mini bagels. That’s it noting more, McD’s actually has a better breakfast than this dump. I’m sure the other positive reviews must be employees/owners. Save yourself and get the Hampton Inn or similar just a few blocks down the road. Guess this place lives up to the old saying “you get what you pay for”.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family