“A place to sleep”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Annandale, Virginia
“A place to sleep”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Hotel was Ok for what we wanted, a place to stay before going into the Park (Cedar Point). Pool was clean. Rooms were clean but had a small musky smell. But bearable for sure. The place was quiet for us. You can get a better deal by going directly to the Econolodge website -$20 cheaper per night than Orbitz (who would not refund the difference due to some "technicality"-last time with them, I will continue to go direct first!!)

• Liked — location to entrance of park and price
  • Disliked — Wi FI not working real well
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bufalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I'm usually easy-going about lodging and rarely complain, but my eight hours at the Econolodge near Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, were unbearable. Upon opening the door to our room, my family and I were overwhelmed by an offensive odor, possibly urine, coming from the carpeting. I contacted the front desk clerk, who explained that there had been some kind of "water leak." (I guess that's one way to put it). She offered another room, but it suffered from the same smell.

By this time it was close to midnight, and my family was begging for sleep. I left them in our stench-filled room and sprinted down the block, stopping at each of the many other nearby motels to search for a vacancy. There were none. I eventually returned to our room at the Econolodge, apologized to my family for having brought them to this terrible place, and we settled into our beds. It was then that my wife discovered bloodstains on her pillow. My wife and I huddled together in revulsion, unable to sleep at all during the night. As I lay awake, I fumed at having paid more than $110 for this attrocious experience.

On the plus side, the room was large, the bathroom worked fine, and the front desk clerk quickly replaced our blood-stained pillow --although she didn't seem too surprised by it.

One has to wonder what kind of standards this motel brand employs if it is willing to rent a room in that condition.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bloodstains on the pillow; stench of urine from the carpeting
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed July 7, 2008

First let me say that I was nervous about staying at the "Econo Lodge". The reviews on-line looked really great, but the pictures looked a little iffy! There were five of us traveling from NC. Two adults and three kids (4,8,11). We had plenty of room. The staff was extremely friendly, rooms were well stocked with towels, and toliet paper, all the ammenities, and to my suprise, very clean. Smelled really nice and fresh too! We were visiting Cedar Point, stayed two nights. The hotel is really close to Cedar Point, which is nice after a long day. Good family enviornment. Our room was 80.00 a night with AAA, not bad for a 4th of July weekend! The breakfast was okay. The normal orange/apple juice, with bagels, powdered donuts, and cinnamon rolls. All in all, it was a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good clean, cheap place to stay!

• Liked — It was clean!
  • Disliked — Breakfast
New York City
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Hotel is 500 yards from Cedar Point entrance road.

A typical budget motel but extremely clean and room was in good condition and quite spacious. 2 Queen sized beds, table and chairs and plenty of storage space. Nice arrangement with sink, mirror and blow dryer located outside of the room with toilet/bath. Cable TV with a large variety of channels.

A number of local restaurants delivered to the hotel and there was also a restaurant right next door to the hotel (and another right accross the street.)

Check-in was very easy even arriving at a late hour and the lobby had a computer and printer for use by guests.

While there were a large number of hotels in the Cedar Point area many had poor reviews on Trip Advisor. Reveiws for this hotel were right on and was why we chose it. We were not disappointed. EconoLodge provided very convenient, afforable, clean, comfortable accomodations close to Cedar Point.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manistique, Michigan
Reviewed March 11, 2008

The hotel was not really anything to look at, it seemed a little old and could use some updating, but we were simply looking for a place to stay for our trip to Cedar Point, so it met our needs. The rooms were very big and easily fit 5 people in each (we had two rooms). The bathrooms were small, but that was not a problem. The rooms were clean, but looked dingy because of the poor lighting. The A/C worked great in both of our rooms, which was a super A++++ because it was in the 90's. The breakfast was okay, donuts, coffee, juice, and toast. I don't think we used the tv. There is a very nice Italian restraunt within walking distance and it's not far from Cedar Point. It's also close to mini golf and other fun things.

• Liked — Cheap, Close to attractions
  • Disliked — Bad lighting
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 18, 2007

We were doing an economy Cedar Point trip, and five of us stayed in a room with two queens and a roll away. For the price we paid $54 a night, I was quite pleased. Accomodations were clean. All the basics were there -- decent bathroom -- decent towels -- hair dryer -- a little table and two chairs, etc. The matresses weren't as thick and comfortable as I like, but were fine (especially given the price). My mom accidently left a little bag behind. We only left on Monday, and it came to me in the mail on Wednesday without our even knowing anything was missing (what great customer service). As others have said they have orange juice, coffee, bagels, and English muffins for guests in the office area in the morning. If you're trying to economize this is a good choice. It's right near the Castaway Bay Cedar Point property and is very convienent to the park.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank kathy884
Frankfort, Indiana
Reviewed October 9, 2007

October 6, 2007
We love Cedar Point!! Finding a nice, clean, close, afordable place to stay near the park is our top priority.
This was the first time we stayed at this Econo lodge.
The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the price was right.
We were only a few minutes away from the park. After spending the entire day at the park it was so nice to only have to drive a few minutes to our room.
Our parking space was right outside the door. Easy in and easy out.
We will be coming back.
I highly recommend this Econo lodge to everyone.

• Liked — It was clean and the price was right!!
  • Disliked — No complaints here.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family