Econo Lodge Cedar Point
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$124
$111
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$90
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$89
La Quinta
$93
BestWestern.com
$140
$106
$170
Groupon.com
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsenglish muffinsmaking wafflescedar pointroom was cleanc worked wellsuper closeshower pressurereasonable ratesdonutswould stay here againworked greatdecent hoteltrain tracksbathroom dooramusement parkminute drivecereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay if you're on a budget and you want to be close to Cedar Point Park. Since the last time I stayed, they have been remodeling. Our room had new carpet and Heat/AC. We also went with two other families and they were just as pleased. Their rooms had new carpet, but had not had the Heat/AC replaced yet. The pool was a great place to go after the long day at the park. Including the other two families, the 6 kids were relatively quiet so when they came to close the pool at 11pm, they let us stay until 12 and 12:30.

The hotel (I believe) is owned by 3 brothers. One of which I believe some call the waffle nazi and I mentioned in my last review. All three are very nice and the WN is dead set on making your waffle for you. He genuinely wants to serve the customers and make them happy. He likes to tell jokes as well. I did not hear one complaint from others and all others I saw and spoke with seemed happy with their stay. You can't please everyone so I'm sure there are those that did not experience the same as we did.

The only thing missing really for us was a coffee pot and a fridge. The coffee pot was not 100% necessary since they had fresh and GOOD coffee in the continental breakfast from 7 - 10 or 11. I don't drink much past then anyway, but if I did, I would want a pot in my room. I did not ask if they served coffee all day long, perhaps they do. The fridge would be nice for any leftovers and/or sodas.

Some mentioned the Internet connection. We did experience some slow times, but I was able to stream a Netflix movie with no buffering during non-peak times. Anyway, I was at Cedar Point so much that I really only streamed the movie very early in the morning before everyone else woke up. For basic Internet it should be fine. If you are there for Cedar Point you don't need Internet!! You need to get on the coasters!!!

The best thing I can say is that this place is clean, friendly, and budget friendly. As I believe I said before, if you are looking for a Hilton, then this is not it. I WILL stay here AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. I gave them a 4 last year, but this year I'm going with a 5 because they cleaned up, they are still upgrading, and we (all three families) had a great time.

Room Tip: I don't know if this is a help or not, but we stayed (this time) in 170, 171, and 172. These are on the opposite side of the pool and on the parking lot level. You can sometimes hear people upstairs (kids running around) so if you are a light sleeper and don't mind, then ask for a 2nd floor room maybe??
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyTrails4U2
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was visiting family in the midwest, and I decided to make a side trip to Cedar Point. I stayed at the Econo Lodge for two nights. The room was outdated. One of the beds was sagging really badly and wasn't fit to be slept on, and half of the outlets didn't work. The TV is an old tube style tv, and its reception was just OK. The wifi connection was terrible and basically unusable. On the upside, the room was clean.

I didn't know it, but I happened to be in town during a motorcycle weekend. It seemed like the hotel was half rented by families visiting Cedar Point and half filled with the bikers. The bikers were extremely loud and rude and stood outside drinking and being loud till 3 AM. I called the front desk to ask them to doing something about the noise and didn't get a response. When I went down for breakfast, I heard other families complaining about the noise, and the manager's response was "there's nothing I can do about the behavior of other guests." It was completely dismissive and rude. There were plenty of things that could have been done to control the noise level.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The entire stay was great! The room was clean, smelled good and was worth the price. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping kept the room very nice and the manager was very interactive with all families, my kids enjoyed his enthusiasm. The pool was very clean and the grounds were well kept. I asked for a room near the pool on the lower level and had no trouble getting it. Cedar point is very close! If i could make a suggestion, the internet could be faster, more tv channels (But then again we weren't there to stay in the room all day). I did have to bring my own coffee pot and a microwave/fridge would have been nice but i survived without them. One thing i don't suggest is the Thirsty Pony across the street, unless of course you want to spend an easy $100 on burgers and pizza for one meal. Looks like a cool burger/wing/pizza place on the outside but very very expensive on the inside!

Room Tip: Ask for lower level near the pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our stay here was good our room was clean and they do have a nice outside heated pool. The selection on the tv wasnt great, and the internet connection was even worse! Since there wasnt anything to watch on the tv we had decided to watch netflix but with the intenet being so slow it kept stopping and reloading and there were times it wouldnt load at all. But if you dont need the internet this hotel would be a alright place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stay here every year when we go to Cedar Point as it is very close to it. Bed, breakfast and a pool .....what more could you ask for! Keep up the great job Econo Lodge !

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family