“As always...Excellent!”
Review of Zinc Brasserie

Zinc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 190 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We frequently go to Zinc if we want a great meal. It's a quaint restaurant. We like the atmosphere. The wine and drinks are very good. We had Zambooca for an after dinner drink and they gave a generous pour.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My SO and I came to this part of Ohio to go to Cedar Point. He told me to research some good restaurants to eat at on the iPad and I decided to search for top restaurants in Sandusky. This was the first restaurant that popped up on my search and we decided to make this the last restaurant to end our great trip with, and that was probably one of the best decisions we have ever made.

This restaurant was easy to find, and once we walked in it was so beautiful and the decor was amazing for how little this place is. I started off with a glass of fantastic red wine, truffled fries, and their onion soup. I was astonished by the fries because I am really picky about how fries are sized and seasoned. The truffled fries were the best fries I have ever had in my life! Next the onion soup, which is the best onion soup I have ever had, and I have had some good onion soup in Paris!! It literally tasted like the Vietnamese noodle dish Pho. It had so much complexity in such a little bowl. It was excellent!! For the main dishes, my SO had the salmon and I the linguine. I have never seen my SO excited about a fish dish because he doesn't really eat seafood. When I tried a bit of his salmon, it tasted like a harmonic blend of the sea and the fish. It was the best salmon ever! Now to describe my linguine. I have never tasted a pasta dish so good and perfectly cooked besides the time I was in Italy myself. The black noodles used were so full of flavor itself that if it didn't come with the mussels it would have been perfectly fine. One of the best pasta dishes I have had since Italy!

For the finale, I ordered the vanilla creme brûlée. Whenever a restaurant has this, I always have to try it. By the time I cracked the top with my spoon, and some of it touched my tongue, I was about to weep tears of joy. It was the best creme brûlée I have ever had!! I am still thinking to myself, "Am I still in Ohio?!?" You could literally see the vanilla bean flakes or whatever it is on the bottom of the custard!!! Wow!

If this review still has not made you want to yank your wife out of the shower, get your kids out of school, or to get your husband off the computer choosing his fantasy football league team members and GO to this restaurant, you have severe mental problems.

GO and let your taste buds be rewarded for once in your life, man!

2  Thank grasshopper12780
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food is always 5 star. Cooked to order,presentation awesome. Fabulous sauces,just great. Always a great variety of fresh fish. The food is prepared with frst and different ingredients.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

What a great find!! My husband and I were in Sandusky for the weekend and came across this restaurant on tripadvisor. It did not disappoint!!
The service was perfect, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. And the food was amazing. We both had the local beet salad, my husband had cioppino and I had a fish special. We loved all of it and the portion sizes were generous without being too much.
If we are ever back in town, we'll come back here for sure!!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went there on a Saturday night. We didn't have reservations, so we sat outside. Our food was amazing. We had an apple cheese tart for an appetizer with balsamic reduction and grilled onions. Yummy! My husband had the bacon wrapped pork chop special. The pork chop was huge. The brown sauce that came with it was delicious. I had the scallops which were on top of a potato puree. Loved them. The bread and butter that came with the meal was very very good too. The kids were mad we didn't take them. We will next time.