“Excellent”
Review of Zinc Brasserie

Zinc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went there on a Saturday night. We didn't have reservations, so we sat outside. Our food was amazing. We had an apple cheese tart for an appetizer with balsamic reduction and grilled onions. Yummy! My husband had the bacon wrapped pork chop special. The pork chop was huge. The brown sauce that came with it was delicious. I had the scallops which were on top of a potato puree. Loved them. The bread and butter that came with the meal was very very good too. The kids were mad we didn't take them. We will next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Port Clinton area over Labor Day weekend. Having looked at a number of reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to try the Zinc Brasserie in Sandusky and were glad we did. We made reservations through Open Table.

One quick note: as another reviewer noted, our GPS attempted to take us in the wrong direction on Route 6, away from Sandusky. Since I had read that review and was aware of that potential problem, we quickly turned around and headed northeast on Route 6, which turned into West Washington Street once we got into Sandusky. We simply made a left on Columbus Avenue and the restaurant was on the right.

We arrived about five minutes early and our table was still occupied by the previous party. We were offered a seat at the bar and I ordered a pear martini. It was no more than served and our table was ready. To begin with, I ordered the lobster bisque and my husband ordered the cheese plate. The lobster bisque is huge, with a high puffy, pastry crust. It could have been more flavorful, however. I found the bisque itself slightly bland, but it was okay overall. It was quite filling. My husband enjoyed his cheese plate. We are not wine drinkers, but Zinc Brasserie has an extensive wine list, as well.

For entrees, I ordered the seafood linquini and my husband ordered a steak. Both were delicious and my husband's steak was cooked perfectly. We then split an apple crisp type dessert and it was yummy, too. We enjoyed the small, intimate atmosphere and found our server to demonstrate just the right amount of attentiveness. Afterwards, we walked on the very pretty waterfront and it was a lovely evening. We would definitely eat at the Zinc Brasserie again if we are in the area.

2  Thank IrishEyes0421
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Outstanding food, presented beautifully, served by an informative and proficient waitress, and my word was the food every bit as good. I've already made plans to return to the area and I will be making my reservation for dinner here again, it's up there with the best I've eaten around the globe.

1  Thank BrochUSA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I went to the Zinc Brasserie for a date night. We didn't have reservations and ended up sitting in the outside eating area. We were both in the mood for a light dinner so we had their appetizer sampler and two french onion soups. The appetizer sampler was filled with great flavor. The spicy nuts, pickled vegetables, and the olives were all great with a glass of wine. The french onion soups came out hot from the oven and were absolutely delicious. We finished the meal off with an apple crisp, coffee, and espresso. The dessert was the disappointing part of the meal. The apple crisp lacked some flavor and was somewhat bland. The coffee my wife had was weak, while the espresso I had was perfect. Overall, the flavors of the soup and appetizers were well worth the trip to Sandusky and we will definately go again.

1  Thank Mattoon_Matt
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have eaten at Zinc Brasserie every time we visit Sandusky and this place never disappoints.The food is excellent as is the wine list.I have never had a bad meal there.My only suggestion is get reservations as the seating is limited.We have traveled extensively and this restaurant compares to those of larger metropolitan ares...if you get a chance try it.

1  Thank wap4172