“Excellent food!”
Review of Zinc Brasserie

Zinc Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Everything here is terrific, but the Lobster Bisque is to die for! The food is pricey but worth every penny! They use unusual ingredients and feature special martinis. I highly recommend the Zinc for a special occasion.

1  Thank daringd

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have eaten at Zinc more times that I can count. Most recently last night for our anniversary. This is a small, amazing little bistro where you can enjoy food that is truly inventive and delicious. The Chef/owner is creative and skilled and on the cutting edge of cuisine. This is not a wings-n-burgers joint, this is fine dining complete with white table cloths and an amazing wine list. It's not cheap, but in comparison to fine dining in Cleveland or Chicago, the food is amazingly well-priced. I've taken my children here, but they're foodies and they truly loved the Lobster mac 'n cheese, but this place is not really what I would call "child-friendly." I lunch here often and in the summer there's a perfect little patio on the sidewalk. This is also a popular place for an after work glass of wine and an appetizer and it won't take long for the staff to learn and remember your name. I highly reccomend this restaurant... and I recommend the calamari appetizer with smoked peanuts and cilantro.

3  Thank amhlawyer
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My wife and I went here on a weekday night. The menu was amazing, the atmosphere and service were great (casual but refined). And the best thing was that the execution of all of the dishes lived up to the high expectations the menu created. I would consider traveling back to Sandusky solely to eat at this place again.

1  Thank Departure77
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We loved this place. Went with the wife and two kids (7 and 12) and had a really excellent meal. They accommodated the little one with her pasta, and the adult meals were all very, very good. Nice, interesting special selection and a very good wine list. Service was friendly and efficient. Happy to go there anytime.

Worth looking for in the eerily (though safe-feeling) empty town.

1  Thank squidly
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We were in town for a trip to Cedar Point for my birthday, and wanted to have a nice, romantic dinner to celebrate. We are definitely foodies and are from a big city with lots of fabulous food options, so we were nervous that we might not be able to find anything up to par. We were ever so wrong - our meal at Zinc Brasserie rivaled any meal I've had at top Chicago restaurants. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable, with a good knowledge of the wines (he even let us taste the two we were deciding between) - he even knew the herbs that were in the butter served with the bread. The regular menu looked delicious, and they had an additional 5 starters and 5 main courses on special. I had an incredible surf and turf with scallops and kobe beef, and my husband had a lobster pasta. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the presentation was beautiful. They put a little birthday candle in our dessert for me, too. Utmost attention to detail - I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough!

Definitely call for reservations - they fill up quickly!

1  Thank Heather R