We booked a room and attempted to stay on Saturday, June 22, 2013. We had picked up our daughter at Cedar Point on our way to Michigan for vacation. When we arrived, it was immediately apparent that the condition of the hotel is greatly misrepresented in the pictures. It was FILTHY. We were hesitant, but decided to check in and view our room. On the way to the room, we enjoyed seeing dirty underwear lying on the sidewalk, The room itself had not been cleaned and the beds were not made. The pictures online indicate the rooms are carpeted when in fact this one was old tile. This is the poorest excuse for a hotel I have ever seen. We left and even after a long day preparing for a trip, drove another 2 hours into MI before stopping for the night. I asked them not to charge us for the room, but I would pay large sums of money NOT to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Howard Johnson Inn Sandusky Cedar Point Entrance! We are the closest hotel to Cedar Point (opposite of the entrance). We are a hotel that is family friendly with spacious rooms, outdoor pool, free continental breakfast, free WIFI, free parking and much more! Our staff is here to ensure your stay is of satisfactory and that you enjoy our services and room amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Sandusky Park N. Entrance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Howard Johnson Sandusky
- Howard Johnson Inn - Sandusky Park N. Entrance Ohio