“Not what you would expect.”

New Sandusky Fish Company
Ranked #21 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while vacation for the weekend. It is one of those places that looks like a hole in the wall. If it weren't for the reviews, I probably would not have stopped. We got the Perch & Walleye and the Perch & Shrimp dinners, they were amazing and the tarter sauce was good, never had dill in it before, but was a nice twist. Staff was very friendly and patient. We will indefinitely be back next time in the area.

1  Thank Melvin W

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I came here to get a nice perch sandwich, I had been there in the past. To no surprise it was just as tasty as the first time I had it, but this time was different. When I received my order the lady in the kitchen gave me a terrible look, one I can only explain as utter disgust. I took this as she was just having a bad day and went back home to eat my sandwich. I later looked at my ticket given to me with the bag to see the word in black ink "DICK". I was at first taken back to this, I could not understand what I had done to deserve a reaction as such, the only thing I can come up with was the lack of tip I left (understandable for a full time college student at a non dine in restaurant). In any circumstance this is completely unacceptable and unfortunately I will no longer be returning. If you want a good perch sandwich and are ok dealing with a disrespectful and insulting staff give this place a try.

4  Thank Ricky C
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Usually run down here at lunch time to grab a sandwich or 1/2 pound of Walleye or Perch. I don't get the combo's. Combo is sandwich and fries, fries are your average frozen ones. Wish they had fresh cut. It's more of take out place, even though they do have picnic tables outside and in the back of the building. We usually just grab it and come back to work to eat. Still it's the best Walleye and Perch you will find in Sandusky.

1  Thank J B
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I'm just glad I don't live up here, I'd have to sign my paycheck over every week! Had the perch dinner, it was awesome, came with plenty of thick cut fries and cole slaw. Service was quick and friendly. The only possible drawback was the limited seating which is outside, but it was a nice day so we didn't mind. Will stop again the next time we're in town.

2  Thank Tom45030
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Really good yellow perch sandwich (you gotta have at least one when you’re on one of the Great Lakes!). Nice people at work. Some picnic tables outside, with a lake view (sort of), but watch out for the goose poop. The sandwich was terrific - fresh, generous, three big pieces of perch, golden fried, in a good soft roll. Just right for lunch. Lots of locals there, too, taking out.

1  Thank Beth P