“out for a weekend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky

You added Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, OH 44870 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

At check in, we were told that our room did not have a fridge or micro like there website said. I brought the official days inn website on my phone and showed her, but she still denied that it was there website. We needed a fridge for our daughters meds.

As we entered the room, it stunk a really strong deodorizor smell. I called the front desk to ask for another room, but they never picked up the phone. So I walked back down to the front desk, only to find a line of people waiting to check in. At this point we were tired and just wanted to sleep, so we had to bear with it. I did mention it at check out, but the desk clerk just shrugged it off and did not say a word.

The rooms were outdated as well. The tv was a old tube tv with a big purple blotch on the screen when you turned it on.

I would not recommend this hotel, nor will I be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here in August when traveling with a friend's family. They chose this venue. I would choose elsewhere if returning to this area. The cost was $65/night.

Check-in/Check-out: The front desk receptionist was very friendly. We were there for two nights. The morning of our departure, the staff knocked on my door three times to see if someone was in the room. They knocked at 8:30 am, 9:00 am, and once again before 10:00 am. Check-out was not until 11 am.

Room/Bathroom: The bathroom was simple but immaculate; I was pleased with that. Regretfully, the room was beyond musty. If you choose to stay here, pack Lysol and an odor eliminating candle. When I entered the room, the air conditioning was on full blast which should have been my first hint.

Free Breakfast: The children in the group loved the breakfast of powdered donuts, packets of flavored oatmeal, waffles, and juice. The adults were not so impressed. BUT for only $65/night, it was a courtesy for the Days Inn to provide anything.

Fitness: There's no fitness center, but the hotel is on a main street that made it easy to run outdoors.

Location: It took a blink of an eye to reach Cedar Point, Soak City, and the African Safari from the Days Inn.

Room Tip: The king rooms have outdoor access (motel-like) while the double rooms are enclosed with a hallway.