“Pet a deer”
Review of Lagoon Deer Park

Lagoon Deer Park
Ranked #8 of 39 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and walk amidst a land of enchantment- as you stroll through the park you will be greeted by animals of all nations. You'll feed them by hand, and they'll follow you through the park. Pet these animals from Europe, Asia, South and North America, and Africa. You won't want to miss our NEWEST additions- over 75 new babies born each year! Take a break from the lake. Fish with us in our calm, cool, shaded lagoons. Fish brought in regularly, including catfish, bullheads, and carp. Also, largemouth bass, crappies, rock bass, and bluegill propagated on property.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

wife and I loved it. Deer come up and eat out of your hands. Out of the way but it was very cool to feed deer from your hand. Children will love it.

1  Thank chade171
in 7 reviews
"skittish"
"petted"

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My parents took me her every year when I was a child, When My girls were little I took them here at once a year, and now I'm getting ready to bring my Grand daughters here as well. This is by far the best place to bring a child to learn how to fish. Great place to tailgate have a bbq by the water and later in the day when the family gets board of fishing, send them off to the petting zoo and allowing yourself some "quiet" Dad time by the water. Don't expect a spit and shine experience, but if you want to experience a realistic experience with nature, this is the place !!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My sister and I stopped here.
-$9 to enter park, sm bag of food $2
-DEFINITELY recommend buying the deer food
-The deer are friendly, other family there had many small children
-The park isn't updated or nice looking, but the experience is fun and unique!
-About 25 deer in the open area you walk around as well as many peacocks
-Fenced in areas line the back with goats, llamas, MANY more deer, elk or something similar, ostriches, and donkeys.
-There's no shade it's very hot in the summer.
-Will probably visit again!
-You will find %10 coupon on their website

2  Thank Tiffany H
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We loved this place. Great if you have kids. It's like a little Zoo. While feeding the very hungry Deer you walk around checking out the other animals that are caged IE; Emu, Rheas, African goats, Alpacas and much more. Bathrooms are bad so use one before you get there.

2  Thank pittsburghersouth
See more reviews
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Here's the deal. My family and I had fun here for a few hours. We stopped here on a whim after going to the African Safari Park. It is actually a good complement to that experience, which we have done a few times. There you get better animals and a more polished experience. Here, you get a much more touchy feel-y experience. There are quite a few deer here, over a hundred. It can get a bit overwhelming for little children. Make sure you hold, or should I say PROTECT the food and give them a small amount over time or the deer WILL take the whole bag. Plus be prepared they will chew on your loose clothes if you don't feed them quickly. Overall I do have to say we laughed quite a bit. The facility itself is not in good shape. The economy I suspect. The general attraction area was ok as was the entry store. The restroom though, wow is all I have to say. Wow. One of the worst restrooms I have ever seen anywhere, and I have been to many places with bad ones. I didn't even mark this place as having a restroom because you can't call what they have a restroom. More like a head for zee hills-room. Bad. The person at the counter was very friendly when we entered and gave us a few helpful tips. If you like animals and have a few hours to spare you could do worse than go here and maybe even help keep this place open.

4  Thank ohcoasterfreak