“Deer everywhere is right”
Review of Lagoon Deer Park

Lagoon Deer Park
Ranked #9 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and walk amidst a land of enchantment- as you stroll through the park you will be greeted by animals of all nations. You'll feed them by hand, and they'll follow you through the park. Pet these animals from Europe, Asia, South and North America, and Africa. You won't want to miss our NEWEST additions- over 75 new babies born each year! Take a break from the lake. Fish with us in our calm, cool, shaded lagoons. Fish brought in regularly, including catfish, bullheads, and carp. Also, largemouth bass, crappies, rock bass, and bluegill propagated on property.
Tampa, Florida
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Deer everywhere is right”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We loved this place. Great if you have kids. It's like a little Zoo. While feeding the very hungry Deer you walk around checking out the other animals that are caged IE; Emu, Rheas, African goats, Alpacas and much more. Bathrooms are bad so use one before you get there.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank pittsburghersouth

Pickerington, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Not for everyone and not sure how much longer it will be here...”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Here's the deal. My family and I had fun here for a few hours. We stopped here on a whim after going to the African Safari Park. It is actually a good complement to that experience, which we have done a few times. There you get better animals and a more polished experience. Here, you get a much more touchy feel-y experience. There are quite a few deer here, over a hundred. It can get a bit overwhelming for little children. Make sure you hold, or should I say PROTECT the food and give them a small amount over time or the deer WILL take the whole bag. Plus be prepared they will chew on your loose clothes if you don't feed them quickly. Overall I do have to say we laughed quite a bit. The facility itself is not in good shape. The economy I suspect. The general attraction area was ok as was the entry store. The restroom though, wow is all I have to say. Wow. One of the worst restrooms I have ever seen anywhere, and I have been to many places with bad ones. I didn't even mark this place as having a restroom because you can't call what they have a restroom. More like a head for zee hills-room. Bad. The person at the counter was very friendly when we entered and gave us a few helpful tips. If you like animals and have a few hours to spare you could do worse than go here and maybe even help keep this place open.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank ohcoasterfreak
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Deer everywhere”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I thought it was an ok experience......my husband loves deer so that is why we stopped. My big disappointment was the donkeys are not taken care of....their hooves are in desperate need of a trim! He said he just got the donkey recently...but it shouldn't be put off any longer! it was a different experience...not something you can do every day.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lori R
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good to meet animals close up”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited here with family. A few deer were roaming freely. Other animals I could see were emu, ostrich, a donkey and a few goats though a rear specie. There is huge pond where fishes can be fed. There are peacocks around. But I found the feathers plucked from peacocks which stole them of the beauty. But with kids it is a very good experience they get to feed , feel the animals.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Devadas S
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Goats and deers”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

At this park you get closer to the animals. Hungry animals quickly gobble up the food. African Safari park is better.

Visited August 2013