“where are the fish”
Review of Lagoon Deer Park

Lagoon Deer Park
Ranked #9 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and walk amidst a land of enchantment- as you stroll through the park you will be greeted by animals of all nations. You'll feed them by hand, and they'll follow you through the park. Pet these animals from Europe, Asia, South and North America, and Africa. You won't want to miss our NEWEST additions- over 75 new babies born each year! Take a break from the lake. Fish with us in our calm, cool, shaded lagoons. Fish brought in regularly, including catfish, bullheads, and carp. Also, largemouth bass, crappies, rock bass, and bluegill propagated on property.
Erlanger, Kentucky
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“where are the fish”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

only had a few hours to spare here so we didn't pet the animals, just went fishing on there stocked lake. we herd some fish tales but tried 3 of the four lakes and caught 1- 4 inch bluegill between two of us tried worms, lures and chicken liver. the worst part was the restroom no sink and made a bad gas station bathroom look clean.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve R

Fostoria, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Kids were happy, I wasn't impressed”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I used to go to Deer Park when I was a kid...and I remember it being amazing! They had a chicken up front in a vending cage, that danced when you put a quarter in it :-) It was amazing, but these memories are from the eyes of my youth. I loved it. So I took my kids there, hoping they would have the same experience. I did not remember it being one big large dirt field. I remember there was more animals. The only free roaming animals were deer and goat. It seemed like they hadn't been fed in years and we were swarmed by them. The goats even ate my bag that the peanuts came in. Lol. I was disappointed with how lame it got, but honestly, through the eyes of a child, they loved it. I didn't use the bathroom so I can't comment on that but I read the previous posts...I disagree. It's not THAT bad. It's still a decent place to take your kids.

1 Thank Sheena F
Norwalk, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here several times now. The last time I took my sister from California and she loved it. We will visit again for sure.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sara R
Karachi, Pakistan
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Very Deer Park”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

A nice place to visit if yo are a Deer lover. You can feed the animals there and spend sometime with them. Its good for all ages and people from different walks of life.

1 Thank MudsMuds
IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“loved feeding the deer”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This summer my family went to Lagoon Deer Park. We loved seeing all the deer and other animals. We bought 2 big bags of peanuts and the deer go crazy for them. You have to make sure the bag is out of reach or they will take the bag away from you. We had my 2 year old daughter and I felt safe enough letting her walk freely and feed all the deer. When we were there we saw a 2 day old fawn. They ask that you do not tough her, so we loved just watching her interact with her mother.

Watch out because the goats love to play and sometimes I wasn't sure if the goat was going to get too rough with my daughter. Check out the pictures of my husband playing with the goat. I highly recommend this place if you have children or just love animals.

You can also fish here, which we were looking forward to, but didn't know you had to bring your own gear. So if you want to fish make sure to bring your pole.

2 Thank ADS82