“Great group camping”

Camp Sandusky
Toledo, Ohio
“Great group camping”
Reviewed January 13, 2006

I took my youth group to Camp Sandusky last year and I just booked my reservation for this year. The cabins were perfect for my teens. The breakfast exceeded all expectations. The pool was a little cloudy when we checked in, but someone was working on it and it was clear by the following day.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank upsman246

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2006

The campground had the best pancakes I ever had! We had their breakfast. They gave us all we could eat.
We had a fun time, our site was shaded. The office people were helpful, told us about some places to go besides Cedar Point. Then when we went to Cedar Point, it was so quick and and convenient a drive to Cedar Point. We are planning our next trip to Sandusky and Cedar Point and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2005

I usually camp at a State Park when I am in Sandusky to visit Cedar Point. I took three of my good friends for a "ladies weekend". I thought we might have a nicer camping experience at a private campground. The bathrooms/showers were dirty. The shower curtains all had mold and mildew on them. The bathrooms did not appear to be attended at all during our entire stay.
The campsites were ok, but they were quite small. Our site was the smallest pull through I have ever encountered in over 5 years of camping.
I emailed them and told them of my disappointment, but they never responded in any way.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank Christa B
Cedar Hill, MO
Reviewed July 10, 2005

They have a nice facility but security is extremely lacking. We were with them July 7th, 8th, and 9th 2005. I did notice that in those three nights I went through your entrance at least 4 times after hours and only once was anyone around to see if I had a tag in my window.

The night of the 8th, it was getting a little noisy after quiet hours had begun but tolerable.

Then night of the 9th was horrible. The drinking, then noise, the dope smoking near the bathrooms made it impossible for my wife or teenage daughters to go to the bathroom without a group going.

I counted no less than 17 cars that did not have tags in their windows. I understand that the police were called but apparently they do nothing, or they give them no authority to do anything.

We go to Cedar Point every year for the last 4 years and have stayed with the competition but decided to give them a try. I can say that I don't feel we will be able to return given their security issues.

I posted this for those who think they are entering a "family" campsite and potentially are not. I saw nothing that would indicate this was a isolated incident.

8 Thank pgrunz