Camp Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$70
EconoLodge
$54
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$89
$99
$170
Groupon.com
$140
All reviewspancake breakfastcamp groundcamp firecedar pointbathrooms and showersport clintonpicnic tablesbring your ownbunk bedsbunniesgrouponrestroomspoolskids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're used to more space and nature while camping, this probably ain't a good fit. But if you want a cheap place to stay with your family that has a nice staff, this is the place to go. I was greeted and shown to a campsite after driving in at 1:30 a.m. - no problem - and the site was clean and well polished. Still, at the peak of the summer, the place was littered with families with small children and, as such, the bathroom looked it was dragged through the bowels of hell.

Again, though, I was with my girlfriend, not my family. The swimming pool, playgrounds and petting zoos would have been a nice touch, had I brought children.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David1223
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We recently stayed at Camp Sandusky. We knew we were going to arrive late. The campground office left us a packet with the key and map to our cabin. We chose the 4 person and no A/C cabin in realty it only slept 3 people comfortably. We told we had a bunk bed and a queen bed which was a full sized bed. We worried that the cabin would be to hot so we brought a window fan. The cabin was reasonably cool without the fan. We understood that the bathroom/showers were very close to our cabin but that isn't what we experienced. We encountered spiders and other bugs in the shower/bathroom which we understood because of the proximity to the lake. The bathroom/shower needed attention because there was BM (poop) smeared on the walls. I went to the office in the morning to officially register. A lady in front of me was informing the office that the bathroom needed attention. The office attendant said he just came back from cleaning the bathroom however, that was not true because I had just came from the bathroom. We were told that there was a table and chairs but that isn't what we got, there was A bench to sit on. All in all if you have a Groupon and only paid about $25.00/night and your not going to be hanging out in the campground then this is a good deal! If not, we would not stay here again. Sorry Camp Sandusky!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jen t
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while visiting cedar point and had a great experience. We ran into traffic on the way so showed up after midnight with a welcome pack waiting for us outside the office with map. The next day my car died and the owner was able to give us a free battery charge (apparently charging $25 normally). The camp ground and utilities were overall clean and well kept. Also some bunnies to play with! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jbeaird
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed In a cabin with a/c 3 nights, went to the islands and kahlahari. Had our small toddler with us, we all had a great time. The pools are nice, bathrooms are like any other campground bathroom. Yes there are bugs, but I didn't have any excessive issues with that. Great time, and ill go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at Camp Sandusky for a long weekend this August. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews online. The camp ground was great! The cabin was snug, but clean, and all 6 of us had our own bed (which is why I booked a cabin instead of a hotel). The staff was great and I thought the camp store was charming. The bathrooms were not perfect, but adequate...they are going to get dirty after so much use! The staff was diligent in keeping the grounds and rest rooms clean. We did the pancake breakfast and it was a crowd pleaser! My family and I had a wonderful time and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family