We spent Friday-Saturday, March 30-31 here (one night). We booked a special deal on the site so paid about 40% less than normal rate. This was our second stay here.
Our "nomad" room was great. There were only accessible rooms left when we booked so we didn't get a foldout couch, but we had a much larger bathroom and as we were only 4 people, it was plenty of space. The balcony and fireplace were well used, and the fridge, microwave and coffee maker appreciated. The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable.
The waterpark....well the zip coaster is down and we didn't know this when we booked, it was a ride we enjoyed last time. They continue to have issues with overselling the park, not sure if that's to day pass people or just the hotel but the Saturday it was next to impossible to get a tube and I heard more than one person complain about it. Friday was far less crowded so it wasn't an issue.
Lines can be long, and surprisingly, we always had to wait to get into the hot tub which can only hold a certain # of people and clearly the # is not enough.
Food and drink prices are high but not ridiculous, and we made use of our fridge and microwave to save some # on snacks and drinks. We did order pizza to our room which was fine, and spent a little time at Kahunaville - a bit of an odd scene at midnight on Friday but amusing. The bar in the waterpark served good pina coladas with a splash of dark rum for $7.
It was a nice getaway, but I wish they'd sell fewer passes as Saturday was really too crowded...if we hadn't had a nice Friday there I'd be more upset about that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio