Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$70
EconoLodge
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$89
$90
$90
$54
3,892 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoohut roomzip linefull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteoutdoor parkvillage suiteivory coastpizzaswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We had heard of the Kalahari resort and built it in to a already planned trip to Ohio. This resort met our expectations and surpassed them! We were wowed by the facility and the hotel. There ia a great indoor waterpark, part of which is under skylight, with multiple water slides, wave pool, kids stuff, etc. There are big signs at each attraction which give you basis information such as DO NOT WEAR EYEWEAR ON THIS RIDE. Read and believe the signs. Outdoor there are pools, zip lines (for extra cost), etc. I did not see many other activities such as they advertised. Large game room, lockers, locker rooms, enough restaurants, snack bars and gift shops to keep you entertained! I recommend a stay not to exceed 2 days, I think we would have been bored a third day. No breakfast provided, before 9 only place for breakfast are restaurants or coffee shop which has cereal, donuts, etc. If you are going to coffee shop, go early as lines get bogged down with specialty coffee orders so you may be waiting a while. If you leave the premises for dinner there are plenty of chain restaurants close by. GO TO KALAHARI!

1  Thank elizabeth57Elkridge
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed for 3 days with a large family group at Kalahari, about 20 people in total. This place is awesome! We had a 2-bedroom suite and another standard room, and the hotel lobby and rooms were spotless. When we arrived, there was a huge complimentary snack and candy basket and 2 gourmet cheese plates waiting for us in our room. Housekeeping was very attentive and cleaned and made up the room every day. They delivered tons of fresh towels every afternoon, more towels than I'd ever been provided with over my many stays at nice hotels all over the world. We needed extra cots for sleeping because there was so many of us, and those were provided promptly with clean sheets and blankets. The entire staff was very attentive and friendly, from the valet parking attendants, to the gentlemen who helped us with our luggage, to the Housekeeping staff, to the lifeguards at the waterpark. The indoor waterpark is huge, with enough to entertain young kids for days and a dozen big waterslides for older kids and adults. The outdoor pool is clean and there's lots of deck space to sunbathe. One day, we reserved a poolside cabana in the waterpark with a flat screen tv, ipod docking station, sofas and tables, which was clean and comfortable. We also visited the petting zoo to feed the exotic animals, the pottery painting shop, arcade, Spa Kalahari, and outdoor zip line. All around, a very clean, friendly, and fun place! Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank JV201012
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We went from Wed to Sat. week of July 4th. I was thrilled when I walked in and saw all the little stores and eateries. The waterpark was as fun as any full theme park. The entire hotel was super CLEAN!!! My room was nice and quiet. Did not find a reason to leave the resort the entire time we were there. I will be back!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We payed over 300.00 for the room and our pillows smelled horrible. Our bathroom light only worked half the time so we had to use the bathroom with the door open. The tv kept coming back on by itself in the middle of the night. People were so loud in the halls and kept slamming doors so we could not sleep. I will never do this again we will go to the Great Wolf Lodge from now on.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I had such high expectations and was disappointed so enormously!

POSITIVE HIGHLIGHTS:
* Candy Hut had great items (esp. the ice cream sandwich - YUM!)
* Marketplace served a great and fresh morning breakfast panini
* The indoor/outdoor pool was very nice and seemed very well kept. If this effort was put into the rest of the hotel, the place would be AMAZING!
* The Reserve was the best meal I had all week. Fantastic appetizers, drinks, and meal (and desserts). Wonderful service, too! YUMMMMM!!!

DIRTY LOW-LIGHTS
* Did not get my room until 6 p.m. on the day of check-in, when it is supposed to be guaranteed beginning at 4 p.m.
* Once I was in the room, I thought there was an origami washcloth (for some reason) hanging over the shower. It turned out to be a SOILED one. I immediately called the front desk. They said I could speak with someone about it in the morning.
* Went to the front desk in the morning and was told there was nothing they could do unless I wanted to speak to a manager. I said yes, and then I was sent to the main front desk lobby.
* Went to the main front desk and was told exactly the same thing, and the hotel could do nothing for me.
* At this point, I chose to NOT utilize housekeeping's services for my stay!
* Two days later, I realized there was a SOILED hand towel on the rack that I had never touched since checking in.
* TV did not work the first time I tried it and someone had to come and basically unplug it and reset it in order for it to work.
* There were NUMEROUS gnats flying in, on, and around the desserts at The Great Karoo. That was not good for the appetite. Even though it looked delicious, it definitely was not sanitary. Maybe think about putting the desserts under lids or something.
* A friend of mind had a plastic lid in the sheets on their first night of stay also. This tells me the sheets were never changed let along inspected.
* I was not able to request a late checkout due to high occupancy.
* Gnats and lightning bugs were in the room of another friend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business