Overall we enjoyed our first trip to Kalahari. The resort was very large, but the signage was sufficient to point you in the right direction. Our room left much to be desired. We got a great rate of $129/night on a Nomad room & feel like it wasn't worth the price at all. The vanity was sticky as soon I set my hand down on it with my bag. Also, the microwave was dirty from someone else's food & so was the top drawer of the dresser.
Called down to have someone come up to clean it & also noticed some bulbs burned out near the sofa and another near the table. Housekeeping dropped the ball on this one--no facecloths and no bath mat, no blanket for the pull out couch either. Later we discovered the shower head was leaking and shooting water upward & out of the shower. Took 3 calls over 2 days to get it fixed. Lots of nicks and dings on the furniture, the shower surround needed a good cleaning and the caulk needed some bleach.
I try not to be picky but wasn't thrilled with it overall in terms of hotel cleanliness and follow-through. The parents of some of the children at the resort really need to learn to teach their children hotel etiquette. Lots of screaming (and I mean screaming) in the halls, a few kids were using the hallway wall to play handball a few different times over the course of 3 days. Really loud and obnoxious adults talking outside our room at 1AM or so...had to go out and ask them to move elsewhere.
The waterpark was terrific, so much for my 13 year old to do and we did as much as we could & rested in between! Heard from the staff that we were visiting at one of the slowest times of the year--when we have school break in Western NY no on else seems to have it. The hotel was not very full (though our room was smack dab in the center of a large group of friends were came together!) and the waterpark was not very busy. Longest wait was about 20 minutes for the Flow Rider. Got to ride everything numerous times and no concerns about overcrowding or staffing issues.
I would come back but would really inspect my room before unpacking to make sure it was up to my standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio