4,028 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoozip linehut roomfull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteswim up baroutdoor parkpizzaivory coastkalahari resort
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We enjoyed the water park and the amenities the resort had to offer. The package deal we purchased was hard to beat. Would definitely recommend a trip to Kalahari for any water loving family. The food was good and there was always something to do.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank jessicabard2001
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We've been to Karahari many times. This year with our 5 and 7 year old we ran into issues with the 44 in, 46 in and 48 inch height requirements for the slides. If you have little ones, you know they usually wanna stick together however many of the slides are different heights. I understand it's a safety issue however All lifegards use their own judgement which is crap. Our 7 year old was literally right at 48 inches and for our FULL FIRST day was allowed on all new slides outside, then day 2 the lifeguard tells her she's too tall and cant slide because the rule is "under 48" only not exactly 48. She was crying of course, amd I was livid. Very politely and professionally, I Got a manager and explained and he was super understanding and put a band on her to allow her to slide. Totally ridiculous. Obviously the teen lifeguard didn't have kids. Lol. I can see and understand they dont want older kids barging in on kid slides but she was literally 48 inches. I wouldn't have even argued it if she was 49 or 50. Anyway, like most parks, be prepared to pay 50 bucks for lunch for 2 adults and 2 kids and another 50 or 60 for dinner. Other than keeping in mind their height requirements for kids and some poor judgement lifeguards, it's a nice place! Outside DJ was great! Hope this helps some of you.

1  Thank Jeremy C
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Great for family fun. Kids had a great time, grandkids had a blast and grandparents and parents got to sit back and enjoy. Rooms were clean, staff were helpful, courteous and friendly. Didn't get to try the outdoor Zip lines, thunder and lighting but would love to go back and try again. Kids can't stop talking about it!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank michaelao755
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We try make it to Kalahari once a year!
We love this place!
We have been bringing our three boys here since they were little. They are now 12,14 and 16
There is so much to do here and for all AGES! So if you have smaller kids and bigger kids you won't have to worry about how to keep it balanced as far as entertainment!

We bought the zip line,animal park,rock climbing and ropes course package for 35.00 a great value to add to your experience!
I love that they added an outside dj that played all kinds of music it was fun to sit at the bar and listen to music there were even a few of us that got up and danced!
They have there own pastry and coffee shop that serves Starbucks. The breakfast sandwiches were delicious and not too pricey 3.00 for small and bigger size 6.00
Our room was spacious and clean.
We were lucky to meet Brian the general manager when we were there this past weekend. He was super nice and was genuine in wanting to know why we keep coming back. He took the time to hang out with my husband and I as we gave our honest feedback.
If your looking for the resort feeling you will not be disappointed!
Also if you want to sneak away they have an adult section hot tub and swim up bar it's located behind the surf rider. The arcade is a hit with my kids. We love it here we have made so many memories as a family! I feel like it gets better and better!
We did go to cedar point for a day which is only 20 mins away.
Also they have a Wal-Mart up the road if you need to get snacks or anything!

3  Thank kimv1990
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Our visit was great although our pull out sofa bed had a juice pouch in the sheets,that being said they dont always change the bedding. So make sure you check. Other in them that it was very nice. Loved the girls at the laser tag. India was one of my favorites, she even played laser tag with my kids and I on her break

2  Thank AmandaMester