I visited the Kalahari, Sandusky on January 5th and 6th. I traveled with a friend and combined our five kids.
Very Fun, Nice suites/rooms.
The pool areas could have be a little cleaner. My three children, 8,5, and 4 really enjoyed the water park.
Customer Service needs much imporovement. We had an incident upon check out...We checked out of our room before 10am as required. We packed up our room checked out, but stayed on the premises as the hotel allows you to do. We played more at the waterpark and had lunch at one of the hotel's restaurants. We finally decided to leave at apporximately 3:30pm and when getting the kids into the car to go, my 8 year began to cry realizing she left her "Game Boy" bag in the night stand drawer in the hotel room. She was very upset because she had just got this new Game Boy from Santa 11 days earlier. I ran into the hotel from the parking lot hoping and praying that it would still be there. I asked the front desk if the room had been checked into and it was not. I was given a key to check the room and I ran to the room. I hoped that the cleaning staff had over looked it and it would be there. It was not. At this point I hoped the people on the Kalahari staff that cleaned this room had enough integrity to turn in the Game Boy bag to management. Security found nothing but assured me that they would handle the situation. I was told that they know who enters all the rooms by security cameras that are placed in the hallways. I left that afternoon having faith that the management would be able to locate the Game Boy bag from the staff members that were in the room and return it to me. After many phone calls and qutie frankly the run around, a month has gone by and we still do not have resolution. "Customer Relations" last promised me a call on the 26th and they have never called back.
It was an unfortunate lesson for myself and my 8 year old. The Kalahari staff person that conveinently found the Game Boy bag scored a very old (no value) game boy, a brand new Game Boy SP, and seven games.
Needless to say it has left a very bad taste in our mouths and we do not plan on returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio