4,113 results
All reviews the reserve zip line great karoo full kitchen nomad room candy hut wave pool animal park water park african queen suite ivory coast outdoor park village suite pizza flow rider swim up bar ropes course
Reviewed September 2, 2015

2 weeks ago we stayed at the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, in a combination suite, and we still keep talking about the great time we had there. The room was fantastic, with two separate bedrooms, as well as a full kitchen, and two balconies which was more than enough room to comfortably fit our family of six. It also allowed us to cook all of our own meals which was very convenient. The "end of summer" promotion was one that made the price very reasonable when you consider that the waterpark is included for the entire stay.
We also purchased the extra outdoor activity pass for 5 of the 6 of us, which allowed unlimited use of the rock climbing wall, rock climbing "ball", zip lines, and ropes course, as well as admission into the on-site zoo.
The outdoor waterpark was nice, but most of the items were geared to a younger crowd than our family, so we mainly used the indoor waterpark. The only word we used to describe it was "incredible". The favorites for our family were the lazy river and the wave rider.
If we didn't tire ourselves out enough during the day, we also played mini golf and spent some time in the arcade at night, too.
The other nice thing about the resort is that it was only a 20 minute drive to Cedar Point amusement park as well, so we also were able to enjoy that one night as well.
I would highly recommend Kalahari to any family that is looking for a well-priced resort
I would highly receommend Kalahari to any family that is looking for a fun time, especially if you enjoy water rides.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

I am very happy to hear that you & your family had an incredible time at Kalahari! You must have been in one of our Lodge Suites, it is a very popular room style, as it does provide space for a large family. The Safari Outdoor Adventure Pass is a nice addition to any stay, especially for those thrill seekers, I'm glad you took advantage of it! Did you & your family try the new XD Theater or Lazer Tag in the arcade? It is very cool, if you didn't I suggest you try it on your next visit! Thank you for choosing Kalahari & taking the time to review us, we look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future!

Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

I went here for a New Year's Eve party that was a blast and also in the summer. My wife just spent some time there with my daughters to celebrate her 21st! This place is clean with helpful staff and plenty to do. 2 night stay is recommended to enjoy all the stuff there is to offer. On a budget the hut or nomad rooms are good but if you can spare a little more the suites or lodge is very nice. The valet parking is well worth the $10 as they even take all your bags out and to your room.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family

We are so excited that you chose to not only celebrate New Year's Eve but a 21st birthday with us! I can't thank you enough for your compliments regarding our resort. I'm happy to hear that you felt the valet a beneficial amenity. We look forward to celebrating more holidays & birthdays with your family in the future. See you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

First of all -- the positive: fantastic waterpark, fantastic outdoor pool, I really enjoyed the rides, as did my kids.

The negative -

First --- The room was extremely small ( I guess that's what happens when you get a group rate). While it was worth what I paid for it thanks to the discount, I cant see myself paying the regular rate of $200+ for that room. The balcony was FILTHY!! My wife and I didn't catch that until we were all unpacked, and didn't feel like reporting it, we just told the kids to stay off it. It's not like we had a view of the outdoor pool area anyway, just a parking lot. It didn't look like it had been cleaned all summer long - not sure how hard it is to get a broom to sweep those webs down. I attached pictures (taken 9/1/2015)

Secondly --- There was a moment on our last day when I told the kids we would do one last ride, and I went up to the slides with a blue and green slide since it had the shortest line. There were about 12 people in front of us, so we shouldn't be more than 10 minutes. That's what we thought. When we got up there, the attendant informed us there was a tube stuck in the blue slide - a tube without a rider. I figured they would get another lifeguard up there to ride down and knock it out, but no. After 20 minutes of waiting, they shut the blue tube down, and had a lifeguard climb up through the slide to retrieve the lost tube. While all of this was going on, the green slide was not being utilized, and people kept getting in line. It was to the point where it would have been unsafe for me to try and get 3 kids down the stairs carrying big tubes on a cramped up staircase. I expressed my displeasure to one of the main people on the floor, who apologized over and over again. He told me there was no reason why the green tube should not have been utilized. It took about 35 minutes before we finally got down the slide.

Third --- The restaurants are pretty pricy...so if you are on a budget, be sure to pack some easy to make food stuffs. We went to the Reserve one day, and for 2 adults/2 kids, our bill was $75 - tip included - no alcohol. However, the Short Rib entrée I had was well worth the $25.

Room tip: Request a room with a view of the pool if you can -
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello! I can't thank you enough for choosing Kalahari & for taking the time to review us! I can certainly understand your frustration with the tube slides & will follow up with the Waterpark Director. I do wish that you had reported your balcony condition to our Front Desk, we would have been more than happy to bring it up to not only your standards but our own. Despite this, we do hope that everyone had a wonderful time & that memories were created that your family will share for a life time! We do look forward to the opportunity of creating those memories again! I would like to suggest for your next stay with us, check out a couple of our packages, some of our popular ones are the Fantastic Family Getaway, it includes food credit as well as credit to the Big Game Arcade, another guest favorite is the Choose Your Own Adventure. See you again, take care!

Reviewed September 1, 2015

Stumbled upon this hotel while looking for a place to stay in the Sandusky area while visiting the Cedar Point amusement park on a family vacation. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel property is huge with an amazing indoor water park and outdoor pool facility to go with it. Our room was clean, generously sized, and well appointed. It even had a fireplace and a balcony overlooking the outdoor pool area. The restaurant selection was good at the hotel, with many choices for kids. If you don't like the restaurants there are plenty of chain restaurants a short car drive away. There is a large game area for the kids that appears to be very popular. Although there were many kids staying at this hotel we found our room to be very quiet. From my teenage sons point of view his highlights included the water-park slides, the two wake-boarding areas, and the live animals in the hotel lobby including a very playful tiger cub. In terms of value we caught this hotel on a good promotion so we felt it was well worth it. The hotel does need to charge more than a regular hotel as there is a whole lot more going on here than at your average hotel. Give the place a try. We did and were pleasantly surprised!

Room tip: Choose an upper floor away from the elevators.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to review us & providing such a fantastic review! We are thrilled that your family enjoyed the indoor waterpark, generously sized & well appointed guest room. you are correct the game room is very popular, I hope you had a chance to try out the new Lazer Tag or XD Theater! Your boys are right, the Flowrider is one of the most popular attractions in the park. Thanks for giving us a try & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2015

We love The Village suite we take our Children and Grandchildren every year for the past 10 years for a family vacation, the past two years to Kalahari. It is so nice that we are all together with the adjoining rooms. The kitchen is great. You need a large coffee maker in the suite so we can only make one pot of coffee. Also wish that the wrist bands would be programmed as a key to your room so you did not have to carry a card with you. We plan to return for many years to come. The kids all had a great time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

It is absolutely delightful that you treat your children & grandchildren to a family vacation, what wonderful family memories you are creating & we are thrilled to be part of such an important family getaway! We appreciate your suggestions & will definitely take them into consideration. Until next year's family vacation, take care!