“Very expensive!! Nice watermark though” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Toledo, Ohio
“Very expensive!! Nice watermark though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Went there 2 weeks ago and was going to go again next weekend, but can't since the African suites are so expensive!! Can't fit a family of 5 in one room. Great park though!! Wish we could go again, so sad.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi Lacy! I'm glad you had a good time, I wanted to let you know that a Desert Room will accommodate 5 people, it has pull out sofa sleeper, if everyone wants a bed there is also a 2 Room Family suite. We do have 12 different room types that can accommodate 2 - 22 people. We do hope to have you as our guest again! Thank you for reviewing us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
Bay Village, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I was there for a meeting, not the water park. The place is enormous without sufficient staff to serve that many people. I was in aa building about half a mile from the main lobby. When I realized I had forgotten my contact lens case (9:45 pm.) the little market in our building was closed, the desk in our building was not staffed and there was a phone with a note to call guest services. When I called, I was told I could go to the shoo in the main lobby. Signage was very poor, especially in such a large space.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah60968
Hello Sarah. First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review us & bring some of these details to our attention, we will address each issue with the appropriate staff. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your first experience with us & hope that you will give us a second chance at a later date.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Met all of our expectations and much more. Your service is excellant as well as your staff. Thank you for your professionalism and caring attitude and most of all thank you for the memories that my family will forever cherish.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Jacob! Thank you so much for your awesome review! We truly appreciate knowing that we had a hand in creating memories that you & your family will cherish. We appreciate you being our guest & hope to have the pleasure again.
Norwalk, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We are locals to the area but make a trip to Kalahari once or twice a year. Upon this trip we where greeted with a room upgrade for free or the option to a suite for half price which was very nice considering we are a family of five on a very tight budget. We got to check in early to enjoy the waterpark while they held our bags. We ate at the breakfast buffet the next day but the price was on the high side. Very expensive to eat there and you can not bring your own food to the waterpark. The only BIG complaint we had was with the RUDNESS of the gameroom staff it was really bad when my kids turned in there tickets that they had worked so hard to get. The prizes for the tickets is a JOKE!!!!! Other than that very clean rooms, lobby, and waterpark!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Emily! First I want to apologize for the experience you had in our gameroom, I will be sure to directly relay your message to the regarding the game room to the game room manager to be addressed with the staff. I glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay & the upgrade! Be sure to check us out on facebook for our specials!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I won a free night's stay in an "African Queen" suite. Only problem was, I could not use it on weekends or holidays. (This limited the amount of girlfriends that would be able to join me. )
We arrived, parked, checked in with the very friendly and professional front desk staff. We were told that since we were early (1:30 PM) that our room wasn't ready. So, the bell men held our bags for us while we found a spot to sit and enjoy a drink. Shortly after 2, we re-checked at the desk and now our suite was ready to go.
Our room was very clean, nicely appointed. We enjoyed the FIREPLACE for a second... Then quickly got in our swimsuits to hit the waterpark.
Lazy river, tube slides, the "swirly bowl"... We had an absolute BLAST!! We later had a drink at the swim-up bar and laughed while watching the mist come off the snow outdoors ( while WE were toasty warm in hot water!)
We ate dinner off-campus.
Then, after returning to the suite, were pretty quickly ready to enjoy the fluffy pillows and SUPER-comfy beds!! I had ACRES of space in the king bed while my friend slept in a queen bed in the other room.
Breakfast was eaten in the Great Karoo Restaurant. There was plenty of food at a reasonable resort price.
Next, we had our custom facial appointments.
My gal, BETSY, was awesome!! She has " The Touch"! Some can learn how to do a facial.,,,, but SOME people KNOW HOW to give a facial!!
All in all we had a VERY memorable, relaxing 27 hours away.
I can't wait to book a full body massage with Betsy in another month or two!
Kalahari was a great experience! Spa was BEAUTIFUL and SOOO relaxing!! The waterpark was endless fun!!
I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Lisa! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad you were able to enjoy a girls getaway weekend with us! I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the Great Karoo, Waterpark and especially Betsy in the Spa. We hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon. Take Care!
Mogadore, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were very lucky to get a great deal on a suite. After the issues with reservations we were only hoping things would be better once we got to the resort. We asked for a suit closer to the water park but due to check outs we could be waiting up to 4 hours so we just took the room that was farther away. I truly think they need to spend more time cleaning and repairing there rooms. We first came across unknown "gunk" on the curtains in the double room so I called guest services to report what we found. Then shortly after we found more of this unknown "gunk" in the living room on those curtains. After using the water park we all decided to shower and get ready to enjoy dinner at one of there restaurants and then go bowling. While showering it seemed as if the seam around the tub was not cleaned in a long time. There was lots of black build up. After showering we decided to go to dinner and we seen they had a buffet. Since there were 6 of us adults we figured this would be good for us. Our waitress was very friendly. At the end of dinner they had a big table of desserts I asked if there was any cheesecake left. Her being very friendly went and asked and there was none so she went next door and grabbed a tiny cheesecake out of the display. I tried cutting into this cheesecake it was rock hard. Thinking maybe it was frozen I got a tiny chunk of it. This was not frozen it was very old and sour. That night we all climbed into bed not knowing this would be the worst night of sleep ever. The window in the king room was broken. So it looks like they took a glass that would close fit put it in the frame and duct tape it. It was windy and the rattling of the window was outrages. Let alone freezing. In the morning I went to guest services to explain the issues and not one time did she apologize. Any time I tried to explain the issues it seemed as if I was a burden to there staff. The night we got home they sent me a survey. And still haven't heard a thing. When staying there just remember you staying there is an inconvenience for there staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MWalker2578
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Marie, we are very sorry to hear about your not so positive experience during your recent stay. Our Front Desk Manager has reached out to you via email to resolved this. Again, we apologize we did not meet your expectations & thank you again for your time. I do hope we have the pleasure to have you as our guest in the future.
Solon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed in a combo suite, which with the full kitchen allowed us to keep our dining costs down. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The waterpark is fantastic as always. My biggest shout-out however, goes to Rich on the bell staff, who walked us down to the alternate check-in location (in the Sands) so we didn't have to wait an hour. There was no wait at all! And, we were able to get into our suite immediately!

Room Tip: Look for specials on the combo suites - you can save money by getting a suite 50% off, and then cook...