“Awesome time”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great time my grand kids loved it here first time here would do it again but to much to do need to spend more days here to do it all the lines were long but will worth it rented a cabana the day we were going to leave to go to Cleveland Zoo but kids wanted to stay here instead so we did until closing. The rooms were a nice size for a party of 8. Can't wait to plan a vacation day there but i'll do more days there so we can do everything there. When you visit don't forget to get your picture with the lion or tiger they are babies but so cute a little pricey but worth it to see the kids have a big smile on there face they had a 6-week cougar there to.

Room Tip: we were on first level it was quiet i would think it would be ok to do any floor but do the room tha...
1  Thank Christine V
Kassie R, Digital Media Manager at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Simply so wonderful to read! Thank you for sharing! There really is so much to do that you need multiple days to experience it all. Hopefully when you return you have 2 or 3 nights to live the full Kalahari Adventure! Looking forward to seeing the family again soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was the perfect vacation for ending the summer on a high note! We were upgraded to an amazing suite. The waterpark had the best thrill rides for the kids ( and my husband) and they spent hours there both days. The zoo was pretty cool and the adventure stuff was very reasonably priced. 10 year old loved the zip line and 7 year old climbed the rock wall. The food was good, arcade was fun and mini golf was good also. There was no point during our 3 day stay that we felt we were bored. This place rocks!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took our grandchildren 'again' & as always had an AWESOME time. We were able to get checked in promptly. The safari was visited 'many' times by our 2yr old. The 12yr olds loved the ropes & rock wall, zipline that was a part of our packaged deal. The inside & outside waterpark was clean & lifeguards were friendly & alert. We ordered pizza & had it delivered to our room...good deal w/ $3 off coupon & only 1/2hr wait time - good pizza. Fridge keeps our own soda & snacks cold & microwave quickly warms up leftovers or food we bring. Clean & comfortable room! Took a few things down @ 10am & got a perfect spot for the rest of the day after checkout. The boys loved the arcade & my 2yr old loved the playground. This is our 3rd summer in a row stay and the Staff is THE BEST...FUN! FUN! FUN! FAMILY TIME!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We want to thank you so very much for taking a moment to review us. Certainly our pleasure to have you! Sounds like you have had a blast time and again! We think it's pretty amazing to have you as our guest as well! I wanted to be sure to let you know how much we appreciate you and let you know we can't wait to see you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

THis place is random in the middle of Ohio. I was here with work and chose to stay here one of my nights in town. I wasn't here with family but if I drove through again and had to stop, I'd stay here. THere's a pretty fun indoor waterpark, lot of late night food spots and things to do. THere's a safari on site too (hence the name Kalahari).

It's like Kenya threw up all over this place but its worth a 3 day trip at some point.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank underwaterman
Reviewed August 28, 2013

awesome place, pricey but awesome, I would advise someone to stay more than 1 night. There is so much to do and see that you could not get the full experience in one night visit. It is nice to bring your own food and snacks. It has the biggest and best arcade me and my family has ever experienced.

Room Tip: rooms with belcony's are worth it. Decorations in rooms are great and in the waterpark, top qual...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We certainly can't thank you enough for taking the time to review us! I very much appreciate your thoughts. I agree, 1 night is never enough :) I do hope that we can see the whole family again soon! Take care and see you soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our experience at Kalahari was very good. We were promptly checked in and the personnel was very efficient. After checking out the rooms (they were spacious and very clean) we went to the inside waterpark. We rented a cabana and we were happy with that. Someone came by periodically to see if we needed anything (we didn't). The Hut (adult swim-up bar) was refreshing although there were wasps outside by the flowers. Maybe they need to plant something that doesn't attract the wasps - other than that it was great. My only gripe (but not the other 4 people I was with) is at the lazThe y river, there were too many empty inner tubes floating that seemed to impede some of the people. All in all everyone in our group (from 68 to 4 years old) had a great time. The restaurants (The Reserve - dinner and Great Karoo - breakfast) are amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review us! We can't thank you enough for your time. Great tip on the plants and wasps! I will pass that along. I know I have personally not thought about it and that will be a great thought for our team! All in all it sounds like you had a great time! Thank you again for visiting us! See you again soon I hope.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived at 12:00 pm on Aug. 25th. We waited in line for 1/2 hour to check in. I had reserved a Night Out package and was informed by the desk clerk that my package would be delivered between 8:00 & 10:00 pm, when was I supposed to use the package I already paid for? I informed the clerk this was unacceptable and she stated I could wait in line at another desk within the resort. I again told the clerk this is unacceptable. She called someone and my package was delivered to my room. It should have been given to me when I checked in. The room appeared clean. The tub appeared to have puke on the outside wall of the tub. I can't imagine how long I would have had to wait if I wanted to change rooms so I cleaned it up. We went to the inside waterpark and went straight to a slide, stood in line for 20 minutes and it never moved. We left the line and decided to come back later. Thank god there was no line for the wave pool (which was too over crowded) or the floating river. It is basically all you could get on. We again tried around 6:00 pm to get on the slide we tried earlier. We waited 20 minutes to get on. But while waiting the smell of urine in the area was horrible. Not sure what happened because it did not smell of urine earlier in the day. I can only assume persons were standing in line, couldn't hold it any longer and didn't want to lose their place in line. This should not happen. We then proceeded to other slides and the workers closed them as we were grabbing the tubes needed to ride. We asked why and were informed they needed to do some general maintenance. Couldn't we do this when the park is closed? My family and I were looking forward to this trip and were very disappointed considering how expensive it was. Drinks were overpriced. Food was barely palatable. They should limit the amount of outside persons allowed in. The resort is so big on its own it just makes it that much more crowded. I won't be back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank April T

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I am very sorry to hear about your experience while visiting us. I wanted to ensure you that I have already connected with our waterpark director about your concerns. We do limit day passes, however, I can understand your frustration while attempting to make the most of your visit. Please understand that safety is our top priority. If there is concern for the safety of our guests we will never hesitate to close an attraction. This does not happen often as we plan general maintenance while the park isn't open, however occasionally a concern can arise that we must look into. I am sorry that this negatively impacted your stay. I have addressed with the front desk the procedures in which the package components are delivered to guests. I again am sorry that this was less than seamless for you. Thank you again for your time and passing along your thoughts. We very much appreciate your feedback.