“"The best time evef"”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Toledo, Ohio
“"The best time evef"”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had an awesome time! My 9yr old son said"this was the best time ever"! The room was very clean.The water park was tidy.It was a very busy Sunday(June 9,2013) but we found tables for our party of 9 inside the water park with no problem!The only problem was,we didn't stay long enough!Hats off to the person or persons who invented Kalahari!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thanks to your 9 year old son for such a great compliment! While in the waterpark, I hope the rest of your group had "The Best Time Ever" as well. We take pride in how clean our Resort is. We hope to see you all back again soon for another "Best Time Ever!" Thanks for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
Salladasburg, PA
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been at this Kalahari twice for the Colossalcon Anime Convention, both were terrific experiences. I didn't have much time to use the facilities, but the site is amazing. It is beautiful and the staff are friendly and a fun atmosphere. It's a great location for a convention. We ate at the concession and at Cafe Mirage. Cafe Mirage is really good - love the Build A Salad - that is what I'm getting again next year, mmm-mmm :) The rooms are really nice and clean and spacious - we were in the cheapest room this last stay and even that was roomy. They also have microwaves and refrigerators - all of them do :) a super nice feature. But make sure you have your walking shoes this place is really spread out :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us TWICE now! We always want to see a smile on your face, so that's why we off spacious and such accommodating rooms. The Build-A-Salad at the Cafe Mirage is one of my favorite places to grab an afternoon snack. Thank you again for the review and we'll see you next time!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for only one day, they offered a deal through my child's school. We went for the waterpark and had a blast. There are size restrictions on the rides and little ones must be in a life jacket, but we still had fun. Service at the Zanzibar Bar and Grille was fantastic and the food was great. Location is in a remote place in Ohio. The resort doesn't seem to support any specific destination other than itself. All in all a fun weekend getaway.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for joining us for the day. And to come with a deal is even better! Our waterparks offer many dining options and I am thrilled you took advantage of that. As far as a near by destination, Cedar Point is right down the road in Sandusky, Ohio.
Grand Blanc
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed here many times but every time it gets better and better. I love this hotel and of course the amazing never-ending water park that hides inside this massive building of wonderful wet surprises! Also don't forget to eat at the amazing most delicious breakfast and dinner buffet you have ever had!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It sounds like you sure love a lot about our Resort! While in the "never-ending" waterpark I hope you went on a few slides. Also we take dining as an experience and I am glad you tried some of our buffets. Thanks for the review!
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I absolutely love Kalahari! There is so much to do and they keep adding on. The staff is always courteous and accommodating. Our rooms were ready earlier than most other hotels and were very clean. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. There were no lines for the rides and it was not very crowded because most were at the convention center. The price was very good also!! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Kalahari always wants to be a step above the rest and one way we do that is by continually updating and remodeling our Resort. It means a lot that you noticed the quality of the faculty and staff as we are constantly continuing their education to improve performance quality. Offering check-in times earlier than other places in the area so that guests can start swimming right away is just one of the perks of being a Kalahari guest. I am pleased you took the time to fill out a review on us and help us maintain our higher quality.
Clarkston
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My two daughters, their family, myself and a friend went for several days. Our rooms were ready on time, clean & comfortable. The water parks (both indoors and outdoors) were fun, clean. There were a lot of tables to regroup, eat and meet at. We were never there long as there was too much to do.
It's a pretty good value as you can arrive at noon on your check in day and play/swim all day and the next day. It was a great family destination and get-away to celebrate the end of a school year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It's so nice to hear about families bonding when they come to our Resort. It sounds like the kids had a fun time exploring America's Largest Indoor Waterpark as well as the Outdoor Waterpark. You picked such a great way to celebrate the end of a successful school year. Happy Summer!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the comment I wrote to them on their survey...I just copied and pasted it here.

I cant remember names well. But, everyone we encountered, the front desk, the bell men, the valet parking people, were all very pleasant! Even the housekeeping was super helpful! We asked a housekeeping guy (African American Man) for some information while trying to check out of our room (6/5/2013 morning RM 1419), he did not know off hand and went out to find us the answers. He came back promptly with the information we needed! I really appreciated this! Also, the lifeguards were wonderful! I know most people probably get annoyed at them for enforcing the rules, but to me, I really appreciated it! My kids are my life, this was my first time at your park, and I had no idea what I was doing. I did not know the rules or requirements. And, when you have kids, you dont always notice signs. The fact that the lifeguards were VERY watchful and mindful of the kids, really made me feel safe and like the park cares about the safety of their guests! Good job on hiring watchful, careful, kind, lifeguards! I have been to pools/parks where the lifeguards are just off in their own little world, talking with themselves, or falling asleep on the job. My son almost drowned at a pool (I was watching my kids in the pool, but my son got away while I was helping my daughter) the lifeguard was just a few feet from him and he was drowning right in front of him!! I swam as fast as I could to the other side of the pool yelling and he (the lifeguard) never moved! I had to do CPR on my son that day. So, this is a very important thing for me! I am on high alert when I am with my kids and water. I value places that care about safety and you guys did great! Thank You! You actually sent this survey to my Mom (the one that the room was under) My name is Enid Jones and my email is write.enid82@gamil.com I would like to be added to your email list. I look forward to visiting again. Thank you for the great time! :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#6 of 35 in Sandusky
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions? Share your experiences!