“Like dells better than Ohio”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at both kalahari locations a week apart! This hotel was supposed to have a larger waterpark but it felt much smaller! It is more difficult to maneuver and much more difficult to locate members of your party if you get separated. I enjoyed my visit but will stick with the Wisconsin location for all future trips!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have visited Kalahari Resort three times now. EVERY time has been extremely enjoyable. The kids enjoy the water park and my husband and I enjoy the adult beverages. Our rooms have always been clean, spacious and quiet. Even during spring break when the park was at capacity, our room was very quiet. The indoor water park has everything you could imagine - safe things for small kids and big slides for the big kids. Also love the in water basketball! The staff has always been accommodating and friendly. We rent a cabana for one day on every visit and this makes the trip even better. I highly recommend Kalahari resort for family vacations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Kelly, it is certainly our pleasure to have you this past time and the two times prior as well! We very much appreciate hearing your feedback. I wanted to let you know how wonderful we find your review and you for taking the time to write it! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I followed the advice of other reviews and ensured that we arrived as close to noon as possible for early registration to avoid a long wait for check in. I am glad we did. We waited ten minutes and were actually able to get our room right then which made it much easier to change and go to the water park. This is a large resort so I was surprised at how very friendly the staff is. Everyone says hello and makes you feel so welcome. The water park is amazing. Fun rides for all age groups from thrilling to simple kid slides. Life guards are everywhere which is comforting to know your kids are under a constant watchful eye. We had lunch at the water park's grill and that was a huge disappointment for 40 dollars we got 4 hot dog baskets and my husbands was only half cooked. It was inedible. We couldn't find a manager to point this out to. Everything else was great though, clean rooms, friendly service, so much to do. Next time we will come for more than just one night.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms in the sands section face the outdoor pool area. If you want tranquility I suggest...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Wonderful suggestion and so great to hear that you were able to get into your room right away! Thank you so much for sharing all your amazing comments and coming to visit us! I am very sorry however to hear about the condition of the hotdogs. I can understand how that would be a disappointment and we appreciate you letting us know. I will be sure to get that information to the correct managers. All in all, we are very much looking into seeing everyone again soon for a multi-night stay! :) Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went to Kalahari for the first time expecting my kids to have a good time. I figured I would walk around and just keep an eye on them while they experienced the different attractions. I was ended up having just as much fun as my children and it was me that had to be told it's time to go to the room (because the kids were hungry). I sent my wife and kids to go eat and rode a couple of more slides before the park closed for the night. This place well exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend Kalahari as a must visit at least once per year for a family getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013

I can't thank you enough for coming to visit us and giving us a try! Furthermore, that's awesome you had such a blast as well as the kids! We strive to go beyond expectations and have something for everyone, so we are just thrilled to read your review. We are very much looking forward to seeing you again and I wanted to be sure that you know that. Take care!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family had a great time at the waterpark! The room was clean and there were plenty of towels and toiletries. The indoor waterpark was clean and the lifeguards were always friendly. The hotel staff was courteous, friendly and always had a smile. This was our first visit and we will definitely return and recommend this hotel/ waterpark to our friends and family! Thank you Kalahari

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms were clean. The staff was eager to please and gave service with a smile. It is a great value for the family. The indoor park is clean, fresh towels, and just amazingly fun. There is something for everyone from a game room to spa's. In a word: "Awesome".

Room Tip: Lower level has a lot of traffic but would be perfect for indoor/outdoor park activities.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Short and sweet, right to the point. Thank you so much for sharing, we very much appreciate it! Can't wait to see you again! If you need anything in the meantime, don't hesitate to let us know! Take care!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

There are 4 hotels with waterparks in Sandusky, Ohio (not to mention Cedar Point Amusement Park). I took my son; just the boys this time, and stopped at 3 of the 4 parks - no day passes available. My last ditch effort was try Kalahari again and ask about the feasibility of taking a room for the night just to get in the water park. We only live about 15 miles away. I explained to the concierge that it was my son's birthday. To my suprise, she set me up with a room and FOUR 2 day passes at a hugh discount. Well, with that I ran home the next day and picked up my daughter and her friend and we all had a great time. I'm pretty certain my son will never forget his 11th birthday. Best of all, he wanted to do it with ME! Thank you, Ben P

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Happy Birthday to your son! Sounds like an amazing 11th Birthday! I just wanted to be sure to let you know how glad we are that it worked out and we were able to help out with the celebration! Thank you for giving us this opportunity. Looking forward to his 12th Birthday ;) Take care!