Be prepared to spend hours waiting to unload, check in, navigate the lobby, and stand in line for water rides. The place is so crowded you can barely pick your way through the crowd in the waterpark or in the hotel. Unfortunately for such a high priced room there is only a one hour guest swim time before the day pass people are allowed to swarm the park and if you are trying to leave in a hurry make sure you have packed and loaded your car the night before, because the hotel allows guests to check in to your room before you have even been checked out of it.
The waterpark had many attractions that were down or not utilized to the full capacity making lines move slowly and incur wait times up to two hours for one attraction. Saw very little security on premises which is slightly disturbing for a family with young children.
This place has a nice concept and is very immense but it's poorly designed for the number of people who attend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio