Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
$90
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$101
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$79
$150
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
$228
3,913 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoohut roomzip linefull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteoutdoor parkvillage suiteivory coastpizzaswim up bar
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went for a little getaway. We had a blast! I loved the roller coaster waterslide and the hot tub swim up bar. The drinks were reasonably priced which was surprising for a resort. We got a couples massage at the spa. It was a nice experience. Kalahari has a lot to offer. Wish it was a little cheaper but they offer pretty good deals. Im going back in a couple months so my kids can enjoy all the fun. Best waterpark I've ever visited! The rooms are nice and everywhere there is clean. The hotel is beautiful. They have a couple resteraunts inside. Food is delicious. Really good candy shop. I could go on and on, just go! :)

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank NiccNicc
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

You certainly brought a smile to my face! Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to review our resort! It sounds as if you and your husband had a wonderful little getaway and were able to experience all that Kalahari has to offer. Can't wait to for you to bring the kiddos back! I bet they will have a blast as well! Thank you so much for your time and see you real soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio in March. It was an extremely enjoyable experience! This was our 4th time staying at this resort and it never fails to excite us!

We live in Columbus, so it took about 2 hours to get to the resort. But, I think it's the perfect location, being not too far from home but also not too close. The Sandusky area is perfect, as there are many restaurants and other things to do around the resort. There's also many hotels around if you're looking to just spend the day at the waterpark.

Check in took a little longer than we anticipated but it was well worth the wait. The young woman that checked us in was very courteous and genuinely cared about our stay. We were able to check in right away. Our rooms were on the third floor, but they were virtually right next to the elevators so commute to the lobby was not a problem.

We stayed in the Desert Room and the room was VERY clean! No part of the room was out of place, and it really seemed like whoever cleaned it took a lot of time making sure we enjoyed it. The beds were fantastic. We slept like babies each of the two nights we were there. The TV was a nice size and had a variety of channels. I've heard people say that the bathrooms are tiny, but it's a bathroom, how big does it need to be? The sinks in the desert room are seperate from the toilet anyway.

The lobby is gorgeous. In fact, whenever we weren't in the waterpark, we were hanging out in the lobby. There are 3-4 souvenir shops that appeal to all ages, including a store that sells everyday things that you may need such as diapers or aspirin, as well as souvenirs. The lobby also has a nice view of the waterpark which my kids enjoyed looking at while we checked in. There is also an amazing candy shop with fresh, homemade candy and a coffee/breakfast shop that we visited daily. The African decor was just phenominal. There are real carvings that I believe were purchased IN Africa... How cool! The lobby also displays life size African animals.

Finally, I'll talk about the waterpark. It was perfect for every single person in our party! The younger ones enjoyed the "Leopards Lair" water tree house, while the older kids enjoyed the "toilet bowl" ride and the huge yellow tube slide. The adults enjoyed the wave pool and the swim-up bar. The food sold in the waterpark was well worth the cost and very good. One thing that made me a bit upset was the length of the lines. There were way to many people there. The reason being was probably that they let non-hotel guests to visit the waterpark, which in my personal opinion they should not do. It was EXTREMELY loud and crowded and the waits were almost an hour long for every ride. Other than that, the waterpark was definitely the highlight of the trip.

The Tree Top Play Area was very convienent for the little ones when the adults got tired of the waterpark. It is huge and seemed to be really fun for the kids.

We did not use the mini-golf, arcade, or restaurant services so I'm sorry, but I cannot give my input on those things.

Overall, this was one of the best trips to Kalahari I have ever had. To be able to share it with my extended family was amazing. We will definitely be back this winter WITH our extended family! I recommend this resort to ANYBODY who asks, and Kalahari will always be our favorite staycation spot! -Megan from Columbus, OH

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank hoho7199
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My son (age 11)and I stayed for 2 nights.We had a great time.He was the right height and could get on everything.We were with other people who had younger kids they loved the wave pool and there was some areas just for them.The hotel rooms were nice and big.We got there early rooms were not ready so we went to meijer just down the street to pick up a few things.Rooms were ready when we got back at 2 pm.We spent some time in the water park and went to the reserve for supper.Food and service was great.The next day we hit the water park at 10 am (monday) still busy with sunday people still there but by @5pm the place was pretty empty and no line ups for anything.We stayed till 9pm.it was a great day.We rented the big cabana with the hot tub.We got it for $199 because it was a slow monday.The small kids loved the hot tub and it was nice to have a place to regroup.They also have the smaller cabanas which I thought were also great especially if you had a kid that loves the wave pool because some are right in front of the wave pool.The smaller ones were$79 for that monday(rates change depending on day and demand).We had a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the desert rooms.Ours was very close to the waterpark
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank minson
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

So very happy to hear that you had a blast! Thank you so much for visiting! Thank you for taking the time to review us! Glad to hear your son loved everything. Pretty much once over that 48" height, the sky is the limit! :) Hopefully we will be able to see you both again soon! Take care and thank you!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just came back from my two day stay! It was great! The room was fab and so cozy. Staied two days just for a personnel get away. Everything was perfect and clean and cozy. The water park and hot tub were great. Can't wait to go back. We had a BYOB and it was just what we needed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amber M
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Some much needed rest and relaxation... and I couldn't be more glad you chose to spend it with us. Thank you! Very much looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I always like to start with the check in process first since that's were it all begins. My first tip is that right past where you pull up under the overpass on the right is a loading and unloading zone, so don't just park behind everyone else. I used the valet service, which to be honest with a 16 month old and all his stuff is awesome help. Checking is was like checking in at an airport, way too many people in line and the wait time was fifteen minutes. Once you get to someone at the desk though service is quick, helpful and very friendly. The room we stayed in was on the first floor which you have to go down to and our room was way down the hallway. It isn't too bad to get to the waterpark but it is a little ways, always looking for a better way for them to make it easier to get too it and in. The rooms were okay, two queen beds for the groupon I got to use for the trip, but the rooms were somewhat small. We went to lunch at the reserve restaurant and bar and each had two drinks and two entrees. Both were steak and both were not cooked right, we both wanted medium and I got we'll done and she got rare. Service was good though. Next we went to the waterpark which was clean and well organized, everything was easy to get too. I will say there are lots of cool rides for kids over 48 inches, but if not you only have a couple of options. First is a pool with some hoops, second is a fort area that you could climb but unlike other water parks the slide was for one person which sucked cause our kid is only 36 inches and that is one thing he likes. So basically unless your kid is above 48 inches the fort is useless. There is a kid area that has many small things to climb and has slides on it which was nice, but with our kid we needed more. We did take him into wave pool to hang out for a bit but that wasn't long enough to occupy time. Overall I think this would be a great park for those parents with a kid over 48 inches and parents with older kids, maybe better if you have two younger kids to play with each-other that are under two, but not one under two. The best watermark so far for us has been Boyne watermark. Although it is not as nice looking it has better food and more for young kids. We are going to great Wolfe lodge in Sandusky soon with two kids so check out to see how that was was soon.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank matt h
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Very glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the Groupon offer. We certainly appreciate hearing your feedback. We strive to have something available for someone of every age, so I am discouraged to hear that you felt we didn't have enough for your little one. Great feedback for us however, as we are constantly updating and making additions to our resort. Hopefully we will see you when the kiddo is above 48 inches, if not before. Take care!