We have the largest suite which came with 12 waterpasses, we only need 9 but we had plenty of room. The room was very clean.
We checked in at around 3 and went to our room and unpacked and the kids and adults changed into our swimming suits and we were at the waterpark by 4. We had a 3,6,10,10 and 20(special needs) kids and 4 adults. We love the addition to the waterpark especially the wave pool. We stayed until around 7 at the waterpark, then we went back and got changed and went to eat the the BIg Kahana restaurant/bar. Our service was good and the food was good overall, a little pricey but about what you expect to pay at a hotel. They did have a 4 nacho special posted on a couple of different signs, but when we tried to order that the said we had to sit at the bar to get it. We also have a half off appetizer coupon from the room but of course the one we ordered was the one they didn't honor it for. It was on the coupon so that was our fault for not reading it better. The kids enjoyed the restaurant and the DJ played a couple of songs the kids liked and they got up and danced. We went back down to the arcade and played some games for a while and then everyone was getting sleeply so we turned in for the night. In the morning we made our own breakfast.Pancakes, eggs and bacon. The full size kitchen was great. We called and got a late check-out at noon unstead of 11 so we all went back to the waterpark from about 9:45 until 11:45. The kids once again had a ball in the wave pool. My 6 year old did get into trouble from a lifeguard though. He was putting his legs on top of the intertube and having his butt in the middle and his arms around the sided, I guess you are not along to do that so the lifeguard blew his whistle at him and told him no to get off the tube. I was helping watching another boy and by the time I got to my son he thought he wasn't aloud to have a tube at all, I explained to him that we can't sit inside with you feet over the other side was my understanding. I go him another tube and we should him how to just sit on it and hold the handles but keep feet inside. Once again this same lifeguard blew his whistle and said if I have to tell you again you are out of here for good. Now let me say I really appreciaite all the lifeguards they have and I think the do a very good job but, by this time my 6 year old is crying and scared and doesn't want to swim anymore, I understand that they have be on guard but if he could have explained himself to my son what exactly he wanted him to do and not do that would have been I much better sitation. For one thing you cannot hear very well in the wave pool and my son does have some hearing loss. Anyway my husband went over and talked to the lifeguard and also his boss and just thought he needed to deal with the people on there age level, you could tell rowdy teenagers to do what they are suppose to do but maybe explain it to the younger ones. We are not the kind of family who just takes off and lets the staff to take care of our kids. We are always in groups and keep very close eyes out. Anyway, Lee(our son) saw the little play area behind the wave pool and asked if he could go there, I said yes I will could with you and we could check it out. He wanted to know if there were going to be any lifeguard there and I said yes because they are here to help us, he wouldn't go and do that ruined the whole morning for him. He would not get in so I took him but ti the room and we got packed up. Overall the place is great and we will come back again, this trip was probably our 5 time so we do enjoy,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio