“Grandchildren's Dream Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Grandchildren's Dream Weekend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been to Kalahari Sandusky 4 times since it opened. I feel I need to express our unhappiness with our stay.

This was a special stay for the grandchildren, it was a gift to my grandson for his baptisim.

Our room was far from clean, cereal on the floor, mirrors not cleaned, could see the finger prints left behind from guests before us. Sheets appeared to be clean, blankets and bedspreads were soiled. Matteresses were lumpy and were out, extremely visible not to mention uncomfortable.

Now to the water park, It is beginning to show its age, Steps were wobbley, and the pools are in desperate need of cleaning. The bottom of the wave action pool was discustingly dirty, on other things, you could see the water that was being recycled was dirty.

We had complimentary tickets to the Animal Safari, Walked all the way out there with 3 children.........."closed" yet it was posted 8:30 AM opening.

Is it possible greed has replaced safety and cleanliness?

We checked out we had enough, although we could of stayed to enjoy the water park through out the day, it was time to go home to a clean enviroment we are used to.

Jackie Bolton

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Jackie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (843)
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We love going to Kalahari! We often stay here for a couple nights while we visit near by Cedar Point. Kalahari has an amazing indoor water park, which includes a "water roller coaster" if you will. I love all the rides, and the whole layout of the hotel. The rooms are very nice and very clean. The hotel has an arcade and an indoor mini golf course. It's great for guests of all ages. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the price. Although there is a lot of cool stuff at Kalahari, they definitely make you pay for it. Their rates aren't exactly cheap, even for their basic room. But other than the price issue, I would recommend Kalahari to anyone in the Sandusky area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Taylor C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Overall had a great time with my family... Definitely was overwhelmed with the price of are stay, was well worth it! We made this are yearly vacation. I would recommend staying in the summer when they have the safari park open, my sob loved it you could feed the animals.... Our room had a kitchen which still was a little dirty from the previous guests, utensils weren't all there and dish soap... They were very speedy with getting us whatever we needed to cook with.... Will be going back again soon.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank fabulizer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

The room and hotel in general was very nice. Every employee in the hotel went out of their way to say good morning or good evening even as we were leaving. An employee standing outside a restaurant said have a safe trip home. On the other hand the waterpark could use a good cleaning. The floors dirty and pools have a green tinge in places. I cut my foot on a slide the first aidd was a joke and gave me a bandaid that fell off right after I walked out of the room. I went out to walmart and got my own that sttayed on the whole next day.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank dave4404
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

They are crooks and they will overcharge your credit card like they did ours and now won't refund us or return phone calls regarding this. Very unprofessional hotel service management running this establishment. We will never come back to this place again. They are thieves so beware.

• Stayed June 2011
10 Thank Bnahra
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at kalahari for one night after visiting Cedar Point. I did not go there for the waterpark I stayed there only because there didn't seem to be any really good hotels in the area. After leaving Cedar Point I checked into my hotel, it was around 7 pm. I really wish I would have stayed there longer than one night, because the water park looked awesome which I had free tickets to for staying at the hotel. I had dinner at the Great Karoo, which I did not have to wait at all to get in. I ended up at the buffet there because I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat. The food was pretty good,especially the prime rib. The bartender made very good drinks, and he was very friendly. There were a lot of kids there, Im not a big fan of places themed for kids, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it would be :) I was in the king whirlpool suite, the room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The next time I go up to cedar point I will definitely stay here again and this time I will stay longer just to hang out at this hotel. I would definitely recommend this place if you want a modern, clean place to stay in Ohio.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LacySpikes
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

So clean, nice, welcoming and warm. Service staff, accomodations, food and drink...is just the right thing even for a short stay. Be careful on pricing your trip. There are days and times when you can get in for less. Ony complaint is back out shades in room do not black out room. Had lots of fun though. Will come back again.

• Stayed October 2011