I just recently stayed and decided that the fam and I would go all out and buy a lodge room and a cabana for the waterpark. Well let me start off by saying the cabanas are very nice they are clean and nicely done however we got cabana I which is off in the middle of no where close to staff quarters and not a very good view so I do recomend making sure you don't get it, all the other cabanas face the pool except I which faces nothing great to look at. Well the some of the life guards and other waterpark guests decided to chill out in our cabana even though they were not invited, I feel like I wasted my money. We had a lodge room which was wonderful except if you do get that kind of room be prepared to have the food smells from the previous guests in your room, housekeeping was great about trying to febreeze and get rid of the smell but it didn't work (and it wasn't housekeepings fault god love them for trying). Also the pull out sofa beds are horribly uncomfortable thin and you can feel the springs when you lay down.
I really like the hotel the staff was wonderful except for the douchy life guards who made themselves at home in our cabana. I do recomend bringing your own alcohol because it is like $20 for a mixed drink and almost $5 for a beer which isn't bad but if you are a heavy drinker like myself it can get expensive. Also I have to say that many of the guests are rude so if you have small children watch them closely because even adults would run into them and just look at you like you were stupid and they were inconvienanced for you having a child. Also despite the great attempt by security to keep people quiet the hotel is loud late at night I was very upset with hearing people party all night long and no matter how much complaining you do it doesn't stop.
Theres so much to do so plan ahead we were there for 2 days and didn't get to experience everything we wanted to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Kalahari Resorts & Conventions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio