“Nice place”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a good place to stay especially for Sandusky. Sandusky is not the best place to find a nice room. We were upgraded to a suite. Nice room with okay mattresses. Only problem was there was no soap, shampoo, conditioner or lotion in the room. I had to go to the front desk to get them. Not happy about that. And that's why they only got 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dalpokes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Toledo, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon , it was awesome. It was close to Cedar Point , and the beds , and jacuuzzi were a plus after walking all day. Very great experience. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going in that area or direction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sandusky, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been staying at this property for years and have always found the rooms in perfect order. The staff has always been like family and very helpful. Based on the experiences we will be staying at other laQuintas when we travel to other places.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank William H
Citrus Hills, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in a suite with my three daughters. I had expected the suite to be bigger than it really was. I hate to nitpick but:

My 6 year old found a pack of cigarettes under the bedskirt! When I lifted it up and looked around the beds I found cereal crumbs and M&M's. Told the front desk and they said it would be vacuumed but it never was.
Ran out of tissues and plastic cups and they were never replaced...had to ask for more.
Had to ask for extra towels every morning. Sorry, but four towels for four girls are just not enough!
The beds were kind of uncomfortable...too firm for me.
The sofa bed in the living room area was disgusting. The arms were very dirty and it had a few stains on it. I covered it with a blanket. We didn't need to use it, but from other reviews I read I'm glad we didn't have to!
Breakfast was good at first (waffles, sausage, hash browns, bagels and donuts), but we quickly got tired of eating waffles and sausage every morning. Wish they had eggs and more fruit also.
The wi-fi was awful...only seemed to get good reception in the morning. It was so slow at night that I gave up trying to use my laptop at night.

On the plus side, check in was quick and easy. Really nice especially after a 12 hours of driving.
The hotel was quiet. Usually hear people talking and kids running in the hallway when I stay in a hotel but we didn't hear anything.

All in all, I expected a better experience than what I had, especially considering how much the room cost. I do plan to return to Sandusky next year but will not be staying here again.

1 Thank mirynika
Woodstock
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while in Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. The hotel is layed out more like a Motel with one long hallway going out from the lobby. There are only two floors with no elevator. This is not a criticism of the hotel just an observation. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The room had a different layout from most rooms with the bathroom at the rear of the room as opposed to close to the door. Again just an observation.
We had trouble with the TV remote which was quickly resolved by staff when they brought us a new remote. Although we did not use the outdoor pool we sat out by it to enjoy the beautiful night. I was surprised to learn it was open til 1am. I found the hotel very quite (we were in the middle of the hall on 2nd floor) as I never heard people going up and down the halls or any doors shutting as can usually be heard in most hotels.
the breakfast, as at most La Quintas was very good, with lots of choice. There was cereal, coffee/tea, juice, donuts, bagels, fruit, sausage, fresh waffles and more. You certainly don't have a reason to go hungry. There was also free Wi Fi
The hotel was only about 15 mins to Cedar Point and very easy to get to. In the other direction close by was the Sandusky Mall and other shopping areas.
All and all a nice hotel, close to Cedar Point, shopping and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I feel we got good value for our money.

2 Thank Mike M
Tipp City, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is some distance from Cedar point, but we choose it because they allow pets.
The room was very nice with wood floors, so in was easy to clean up spills from the dog bowls.
There is an excellent Mexican restaurant across the street.
The staff were nice and friendly, and pointed us to attractions in the area other than Cedar point.
Try the potato pizza at the Pie factory!
Good value for the money in the off season.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ken N
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Close to Cedar Point and other attractions in Ohio. Stayed with a 17 year old who loved the full breakfast. You may pay a little more but it makes up for it with the breakfast. Check in was seamless it was a quiet hotel as well

1 Thank Bplate59