“Can't beat La Quinta”

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Driving across country finding rooms for however many are traveling with us, in a hotel that is pet friendly (we have one medium sized dog) sometimes pretty challenging.

This was our first time at a La Quinta. Based on this hotel, we would stay at La Quinta again.

The hotel is currently a reasonably nice place. The rooms were clean, unusual layout but that's just a sidenote. Someone had one of those annoying yappy little dog, though someone else in the hotel brought the excess middle of night noise pointedly to the dog owners attention and the dog was quieted. This wasn't the hotel's fault, just an inconsiderate dog owner.

Breakfast was pretty good, the now standard waffle maker and cereal and coffee, and they had some sausage and potato cakes, overall ok.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the hotel, but it doesn't get a 5, well, it's not a 5 star hotel. A decent place to stay, just not top of the line accommodations.

The manager needed to splurge on some printer paper though!!!! Making the desk clerk break down continuous feed paper from an ancient printer to feed through a laser printer (which needed a new cartridge by the way) is not cost effective by ANY interpretation. Recycle that old paper and buy a case of laser paper for $41.99 retail at Staples.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler_from_Iowa
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I reserved a jetted bath suite and was incorrectly given the wrong room. This wrong room was brand new and amazing with a fireplace. No jetted bath. Move to other building with bath that has not finished renovation. Conditions were Average in this building.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel, I'm from Cleveland and I booked 30 rooms for my wedding at this hotel and had a great experience there. The customer service was wonderful everyone was very helpful. I was able to look at all the rooms before hand to make sure they were clean. The rooms are all very nice. I hired a shuttle service for my wedding so all my guest didn't have to drive, and the hotel allowed my guest to hang out in the lobby area and drink while they were waiting. I was able to call the front desk to make sure everyone that was waiting to use the shuttle had gotten a ride, the front desk knew right away who I was and was able to recognize my guests and direct them in the right direction. After the wedding everyone went back to the hotel and hung out but since the hotel did a great job of keeping all my rooms I blocked together we were all able to have a good time and not bother other guest of the hotel. It is by far one of the cleanest and nicest hotels in Sandusky. The breakfast that was provided was good, and even during the day the hotel allowed us to bring food in for my bridal party and we all hung out in the lobby eating and getting ready for my wedding. We had good WiFi reception, a/c units were not loud, it was quite and the staff was very accommodating. We were also able to leave the guys tuxes that were rented at the hotel so the lady that owns Tux World in Sandusky could pick them up since they are closed on Sundays. I highly recommend this hotel and as far as the other person who commented about the breakfast, your crazy for wanting to leave this hotel over something so silly...it's just breakfast. Next time get up and ask about it instead of waiting around because I bet they would have been able to help you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janelle S
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I seem to have a theme going on. My trips lately are all dog rescue related, and I seem to be staying in a lot of La Quintas. For a while, I thought it was just the awesome smelling shampoo and the pet friendliness. I guess I just like La Quinta! The rates are terrific, so that helps, and it was the case at the LQ Sandusky-Cedar Point, too.

Check in was a breeze, with a very friendly front desk attendant. We were assigned a first floor room, and when I mentioned we had a puppy with us, the attendant offered to move us to a building that was closer to a grassy area, and farther from traffic, which was considerate. We opted to stick with the original room, 107, since the puppy would not be putting paws on the ground during the trip back to PA. 107 is almost right next to the lobby, and you can park your car directly in front of the room. You need to use your room key to enter the building to access your room, and I noticed security camera monitors at the front desk, so definitely felt safe here.

The room was very clean, with what appeared to be new flooring in the bathroom and a part of the room. The layout was a little odd, with the usual desk inside the door, two beds, flatscreen and a credenza in a carpeted area, then a bunch of unused space with laminate floor near the closet and window, which could really be utilized in some way to add value to the room, IMO. Maybe put a fridge over there. I really missed having a refrigerator, and I think this was the first LQ I stayed at that did not have one in the room. The bathroom was clean, average size, needed a new toilet paper roll, but had plenty of towels and the famous yummy scented soaps and shampoo bottles. The coffeemaker and coffee supplies are in the bathroom, too, which is a practice I think is kind of gross.

The room was very, very quiet. Occasionally, you could hear a train whistle off in the distance, but it was not at all loud or intrusive. The location of this LQ is PERFECT. Minutes from absolutely everything (including a Petco and a Sonic!) There is a Chinese restaurant in the parking lot, maybe even attached to the hotel, but we did not try it. Check out in the morning was, as always, a breeze, and we were on our way.

Room Tip: Next time I will request one of the suites with sliding glass doors overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fydlstyx
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for two nights while in town for Halloweekends. I was very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is centrally located and close to anything that you would want to do. The mall, tons of eateries, and a really cool haunted house are all very close if not next door or across the street. A dab ride is very inexpensive anywhere you need to go. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was adequate. The staff was incredibly accommodating to my party. I would certainly stay here again if I return to Sandusky.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have been in the La Quinta in Sandusky Ohio for nearly a week now for work. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is pretty good too however, it is to be served daily from 6am-10am. This morning it was 7am and there was
a room full of patrons still waiting for the hot food to come out. We had to leave for work so therefor couldn't wait any longer. I'm not sure what happened but the young man who was working never said a word to us as to why breakfast wasn't out on time. He just slowly brought things out. We still have 3 more weeks of work in this area of Ohio and are rethinking our hotel arrangements.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business