“Quality Stay for a Quality Price”

La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
A TripAdvisor Member
“Quality Stay for a Quality Price”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We found the deal of the century with the LaQuinta Inns & Suites upon the suggestion of my daughter. We had previously stayed at one of the other properties and were looking for an affordable but nice overnight stay. When we found the LaQuinta in Sandusky we were going to use the AARP discount but there was an online discount even better. We took up that discount and are so very glad that we did. The suite we had was very nice and we all were very well pleased with our stay. Thank you to the staff for making it such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Worked out perfectly for my son and I as we enjoyed Cedar Point over the weekend. We really enjoyed the clean room, easy check in and check out, nice powerful shower spray, comfortable beds, and having our room on the outside in the back for a very quiet night's sleep. What I found interesting was that several hotels on the way back and forth to CP were noticeably low on guests. Our La Quinta was nearly at capacity and that's a good thing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Spent one night and read all the reviews and was very happy when we arrived at our room to find a very nicely renovated room with a brand new led samsung flat panel and a granite lined showertub. The price was great since cedar point was not opened at the time and the breakfast was simple but sufficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shawn N
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2013

First let me say that while the room was beat up, it was clean. Even the air filter was clean. The maids must work very hard to clean these rooms. The mattress was good. The pillows, not so much. That aside, the room was in poor condition. Starting with the door, you could see light around all four sides, and the privacy lock did not align with the hole in the frame, so it could not be used. The sink and toilet were cracked.
We went to bed early, because we needed to get up at 4:00 AM for an early flight. We discovered the bigger problem around 11:00 PM. A large group checked into the hotel. We could hear every word spoken, every shout, every laugh, and all the door banging. I figured that once they got checked in, the noise would be over. I was wrong. After banging all their doors, the group went back to the breakfast area and had a party. I got up and went to the front desk and complained. The manager said he would take care of it, but he did nothing. The party continued and got louder. It went on till midnight.
I expected them to make some attempt to satisfy a guest, we got nothing. No offer to move, no attempt to break up the party, no apology, nothing. How this hotel got to be #2 in Sandusky, I don’t know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pretzel660
Pickerington, Ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights in late August for a trip to Cedar Point and the Lake Erie Islands. We stayed in the separate annex building behind the outdoor pool. This was the first time I had stayed in a La Quinta. I always saw them as a lower end motel with generally lower costs. My opinion hasn't changed much after staying here, maybe improved it a bit. I checked out the reviews on here as I always do and I think most of the reviews are accurate but I wanted to add a few things from my experience that I think are important.

First, this is not a new motel. It has been remodeled from another brand hotel chain. The remodel isn't perfect but the important parts have been improved. The bathrooms are nice but the shower tends to leak on the floor because of the lack of a quality curtain. Small inconvenience. The floors are nice and the walls have a new coat of paint on them but you can see the age in the walls. Noticeable but not important. We had a jet tub in our room but we didn't use it. From the looks it was the original so it looked dated. Most of the furniture was new except for the sofa bed and the fridge. Speaking of the mini fridge, it worked but it wasn't really cold and a small amount of water would occasionally pool in front of it. This was one of only 3 minor complaints I would have about this room. The beds were very comfortable although my second complaint would be they put damp sheets on the bed when they changed them our second day. I had to call the front desk at 10pm to have it fixed, it took them about 20min to get there which isn't bad but after spending a long day at Cedar Point with a toddler we just wanted to get to bed. The TV is nice but the channels are limited. I liked the WiFi, let me plan out the days each night. We used the pool a couple of times, it was heated so when you were in it all was good, but the trip back to the room at night was cold! My last complaint is for the free breakfast. Any free breakfast these days is welcome but I was underwhelmed by the selection and as everyone on this site has said it gets VERY crowded. After the first two days there fighting for seats, we skipped it and got food on the way to the park which was quicker.

To sum it up, stay here if you want a decent friendly place to stay that won't break the bank. They have a friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are adequate.The hotel selection in the Sandusky area isn't the greatest anyway if you want better than this motel. Even if you pay more you might likely have a worse experience than if you stayed here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked the annex in the back because it has the suite rooms and it's away from the street.