New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Texas
“CP Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent two nights at this La Quinta while visiting Cedar Point. This Inn was one of the better priced hotels in Sandusky. I found the room to be clean and quiet. The breakfast was one of the better ones that I have seen at any LQ. I will stay at this Inn again next time I visit Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 62goodyear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed August 2012 for CP trip. Pleasantly surprised that outdoor pool is open til 1 am. It is an older building that has been well maintained as evident by the new paint and new bathroom countertop. Friendly staff, nice breakfast and good location, withOUT the noise of the frequent trains that kept us from sleeping at a lot of other places. Much nicer than Breakers. Would be nice to have sink outside of restroom and clock to keep easy track of time. Only complaint was dirty fan in bathroom but at least there was one & it worked very well.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BlondieIAm
Brantford, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights mainly to visit Cedar Point. Our 3 kids loved the outdoor pool but that was about it. Our room was okay but not real clean. The bathroom had no sink or mirror. You had to go outside the bathroom to use the sink and even that sink had no mirror. The towels were really small. Every time they cleaned our room the garbage was never emptied or taken away. The 3rd night of our stay they never cleaned our room at all, just left us some towels. The breakfast in the morning was a disappointment. They were suppose to have sausages but did not because the staff said the warmer was broken. It was not fixed or replaced the 4 nights we stayed. They also ran out of other food items that did not get replaced. You had to get there early or you missed out. The last night of our stay was very loud. People slamming doors and yelling all night. We were also only put in for 3 nights when our reservation we made online was for 4. Like I said, not big items but too many small problems to make it a very enjoyable stay.

2 Thank Anthony T

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Tecumseh, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel looked OK for the price and I just needed a quick one night place to stay so I decided on this place. We spent the day at Cedar Point and when we checked into our room we all needed a shower when my daughter yelled that she needed soap. I went to get her some and noticed that there was none. I went to the front desk to get some and they told me that they ran out and that it was on “Back Order” and then smiled. I thought it was a joke and then I realized that she was telling the truth. How can a hotel run out of soap? She then offered me extra shampoo. They should have gone out and gotten soap from the local store or bowered some from another hotel but to simply run out is unacceptable. The hotel also allows dogs and we had one either next door or a few rooms down and it barked most of the night. The walls are very thin and you could hear everything that was going on. I did send an e-mail to the hotel chain and all I received back was an automated response. This was my first stay at a La Quinta and I have to say most likely my last.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap and ear plugs