“Bring your own towels”

La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The good things: nice comfortable beds, re-done rooms, nice bathroom, close to shopping and restaurants, nice outdoor pool with plenty of chairs. The not so good things: you can hear the people next to you, only one ice machine which runs out early morning and getting bath towels wasn't easy. Apparently there aren't enough towels or there arent enough people doing the laundry. No towels at check in and when I called of towels I was told the night crew would get them to me which didn't happen. The next morning I had to wait for towels to dry? The breakfast could have more choices. We passed it up after the first day.

Room Tip: Request a room with no one on either side.
2  Thank LuvBullsSoxHawks
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Reviewed July 13, 2012

1  Thank cdfrequentflyer
A TripAdvisor Member
Durand
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location was easy to find and convenient to shopping and eateries. The service was good, most of all the room was very clean, bedding, bathroom and overall cleanliness was nice. The room was decorated nicely and looked modern, carpet looked new! The outdoor pool was really nice also. I will stay at this La Quinta again!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room was nice. This place was recently remodeled however our room had a tube tv in it still. Other hotels nearby were charging $80/night, we paid 109.00 for ours.
However, our room was clean and sheets and towels had no stains on it.
The free breakfast was pretty busy so the staff had a tough time keeping the food stocked.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Love this hotel!! Great for when you're traveling with pets too!! It's very close to cedar point and there is a really fun place called ghostly manor across the street. We lived the location. Oh and the waffles at breakfast were soooo good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My mother-in-law booked a room for me and my wife and paid for it via AAA through Travelocity. We arrived 3 hours past check-in time to be given a King Jacuzzi suite that was not secured, not fully cleaned, and smelled of sewer gas...just disgusting. the main automatic doors for handicap access did not work and overall seemed to be in limbo whether repairs were being done or not to fix apparent handicap access and health (sewer gas) issues...as a architectural designer, there is even an odd exposed 2x3 downspout in the hallway that seems missplaced. We went back to the office and were given a downgrade to a king room that was just OK with sticky handprints on the headboard after they acknowledged having particular problems with the rooms. We had to give our personal credit card information for room damage should that happen and were specifically told that we would not be charged for the room since it was booked and paid for by another party. Well, we were charged and now one week later of dealing with customer service, they are ignoring me about the unauthorized charge they placed on my credit card. I told them I would post an honest review and though it may be brutal, it is true. Do not stay here, you are best to sleep in your car or experience the lack of night-life in Sandusky or splurge for a better hotel stay...it will be worth the extra investment. I guess my next step is the Better Business Bureau as they continue to refuse to acknowledge my issue. My wife tells me to just ignore it and not worry about it but an unauthorized charge is a problem, especially when you are not made aware of the charge when told otherwise. If I am being told I will not see a charge to the card and that they will process payment as is appropriate with the booking party Travelocity/Mother-in-law's AAA account I should not see a charge...pretty simple, right?!!!

Room Tip: Ac units are do not cool sleeping areas as well as they should due to design. Some rooms smell (see...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BLB1981
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Ok, judging by previous reviews, it sounds like this hotel did not handle the renovation process very well with regard to customer service. However, the renovations are almost completely done now and the result is very good. Everything is very clean and new, the mattresses are high quality, and the front desk staff must have relaxed since the renovations ended because they were very friendly. The breakfast area and lobby are nice--the place is nicer than what you would expect from a La Quinta. We originally checked into the Maui Sands and it was so bad--dirty and unprofessional!!!--that I started calling around to other places to find availability. I called Hampton Inn and they referred me to the La Quinta since the two are owned by the same people and the La Quinta has rooms with two queen-sized beds (the Hampton only has rooms with two full- or one king-sized bed apparently). What a relief! We stayed in the detached building behind the pool. As of now, there are no mini fridges in these rooms and they are obviously not done replacing the furniture because we had no chair in our room, so nowhere to put the decorative bedding. But the carpet was new so we didn't feel bad throwing it on the floor. Otherwise, judging by the look of Sandusky, this might be one of the nicest places in town right now. Perfect for a Cedar Point home base.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family