“Good food, great view”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We just finished lunch. Food was good, service was a bit slow but waitress was super friendly and nice. Would go back again!

There are newer reviews for Pier 684

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The view is great of the docks and even Cedar Point, both from the inside of the restaurant and outdoors on the patio. However, I have been there three times now and 2 of those three were OK (just OK) food and way too long of a wait from being seated to getting the food. The third time... did not even get a drink until 20 minutes in. Considering I came mid afternoon on a Saturday with hardly anyone else at the place, that was just not acceptable.

Disappointing because ... the view is so good.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Located in Sandusky Oh. Pier is located at the Marina called Pier 684. Used to be Damons Ribs.
It's upstairs second floor, has an elevator so no worry about steps.
Place has a great view of the marina and Sandusky Bay. You'll enjoy your dinner while watching large power boats and sailboats come in and leave the marina.
You can also enjoy seeing some of the tall rides at Cedar point.
Pier 684 has three levels of seating so everyone can enjoy the views not just the tables next to the windows.
Did I mention the size of the windows??? Huge!
Dinner fairly good, my steak was just ok. Perch were great, and so were the Sauerkraut Balls we had for an appetizer.
All in all a fairly nice place to eat dinner. Not many nice places to eat on the water that are reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited this great restaurant after a day of sailing. We watched the sun set from the huge windows. It was breathtaking! The build-a-burger I had was great and my friend had some delicious salmon. The waitresses were really nice and attentive. I was surprised too at how many boothes they had right next to the windows to look out at the marina. This is a great place!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

In town for a class reunion. Met friends who had been here before. They said that they had been here before when 684 first opened and there were issues, but that since then things had improved a lot. We went on a Friday night and I had planned on getting some kind of lake perch meal, but the steak specials lured me astray carnivore that I am. They had a 16 oz. porterhouse for $17.99 and porterhouse is my absolute favorite. Ordered it medium rare, it was cooked perfectly and came with a huge baked potato and soup or salad. I was very happy with my meal and didn't regret forgoing the fish. My wife ordered the filet and is very particular about how her steak is prepared. She ordered it Pittsburg style, very rare with a cold center. In most restaurants, her steak is comes over-cooked, but they did it perfectly. We had the steamed mussels for an appetizer and they were excellent as well.

The view was very nice, the service very good, and the drinks how we like them. Strong enough that you know there's booze in them without being an over-powering one an' done.

All in all, we were very pleasantly surprised and will return for another meal here the next time we're back in Ohio.