“great atmosphere, amazing burgers!”
Review of Thirsty Pony

Thirsty Pony
Ranked #9 of 190 Restaurants in Sandusky
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

been to the pony many times, always great food. it can be a little loud at times, not a place for a romantic quiet dinner. any time of the year its always a fun place, the summer nights are specially great since they opened the drunk donkey outdoor bar!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We recently stayed at The Rain Water Park Hotel for a competitive cheer comp. at Kalahari. A group of us had a long wait to eat here, and our server wasn't the best BUT food and atmosphere was awesome!! The Chicago Style pizza was amazing! Friends of mine had regular pizza and loved it! I highly recommend eating here if in the area.....Huge menu to meet everyone's appetite!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Review is over due. I ate here before and forgot to review because I was distracted by the disappointing stay at the rain water park and hotel.
But the Thirsty Pony is what's up!! Its the usual bar food, but it is good. I'm a wing lover and was very impressed with the wings (Garlic Parm, and Honey and Garlic). They were so good I got a separate order to go lol. They remind me of Hooters wings. Draft beer selection was good, service was good. Overall will make it appoint to stop and get wings when in the Sandusky area!! 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The food was good, but it was Mike our server who made the dining experience the best it could be. He was friendly, courteous and attentive and had s great sense of humor. Margaritas, Miami vice and monkey drinks were delicious. Food was great. Wings are amazing. Make sure that you request Mike as your server and you won't go wrong.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My friends & I came in on a Thursday night in January, which is off season for that area. From the moment we walked in, our server who also seated us, filled us in on everything about the specials and the menu and kept checking on us. He did forget to mention that the wings were enormous and quite tastey! Our burgers were also delicious. We will definately be back. Good service is very rare now a days, but not at the Thirsty Pony!